Sign in with
Your question

RAM slot Broken

Last response: in Motherboards
October 23, 2011 10:44:23 AM

Well i put my ram in a little to hard and when i tried to take it out it was kinda stuck so i pushed the lever thing that holds it in place and the top part broke but the bottom is still on... can i crazy glue it back because i can't use my extra 2gb ram anymore :( 

More about : ram slot broken

a c 1097 V Motherboard
October 23, 2011 12:59:44 PM

Why bother gluing it?
m
l
a b V Motherboard
October 23, 2011 1:08:59 PM

there is no way to repair,no way to replace only way is buy new mobo
m
l
Related resources
October 24, 2011 12:35:39 AM

i am not trying to buy a new mobo when i spent 300 bucks on this one 2 years ago... its not completely broken... its the top half the locking part that makes sure the ram is in and secure, that broke.. i still have the piece and the bottom part is still connected to the mobo i wanna know if its a good idea to glue it back because i am stuck not using my other ram
m
l
a b V Motherboard
October 24, 2011 3:34:59 AM

If it's only the plastic sleeve that's broken and the slot still works as long as you didn't break the locks on either end you should be OK. Or are you saying that's the part that broke? As long as the memory goes all the way in and doesn't fall out you shouldn't need to glue the plastic piece back on. Have you tried it without the broken piece on it? If the slot still works you should be fine. But if you want to it shouldn't hurt to glue it back on but be careful not to get ANY inside the piece and don't glue the ram stick in it.
m
l
October 24, 2011 8:55:04 AM

I start up my computer with my ram in and holding it down but i get a beep and it shows a problem on the "mem check" led button thing on asus boards, i press it to reset whatever memory it is accepting and see it can find my other 2gbs but it doesn't and i can't start my desktop. I take off the ram and stay with my 2x2gb sticks and it works fine. It was all working perfect before i broke the plastic sleeve thing.. the bottom part is still attached, the top part broke and so now i can't use the ram even when pushing it in gently or more.
m
l
a b V Motherboard
October 24, 2011 10:30:54 AM

Did you switch the memory modules around to make sure you didn't break the memory stick? Worth a try, Other than that if you can't get it to read while holding it in place glue isn't going to help. It's broke, no fixing that,
m
l
a b V Motherboard
October 24, 2011 11:35:26 AM

blink180heights said:
Well i put my ram in a little to hard and when i tried to take it out it was kinda stuck so i pushed the lever thing that holds it in place and the top part broke but the bottom is still on... can i crazy glue it back because i can't use my extra 2gb ram anymore :( 

:hello:  No need to worry about the broken plastic handle just insert it directly applying little pressure from top the other handle will automatically be in palace then ram will be fully in its place and, then you will not required to hold it.
Handle was only to guide it perfectly to its place.
If you want to glue the piece back, then do it only using less than a pin point amount of fevi quick or other super glue or instant glue only at broken faces of handle :wahoo: 
m
l
October 25, 2011 12:05:41 AM

suteck said:
Did you switch the memory modules around to make sure you didn't break the memory stick? Worth a try, Other than that if you can't get it to read while holding it in place glue isn't going to help. It's broke, no fixing that,

yea i did switch them around and found out that the ram sticks are fine its just the plastic sleeve thing that's broke so the ram isn't secure .. even if i put it in with pressure or in place.. there is still a problem .. i am gonna try and glue the plastic very carefully and see if securing it is the problem which i believe it is
m
l
!