Sign in with
Your question

LAN problem

Last response: in Networking
May 27, 2010 11:57:24 AM

i have dg41rq intel motherboard ,i just formatted and installed xp and then all the drivers successfully.Everything is working fine but network .i have rtl8168?8111D pci E card.the lan drivers installed successfully,when i restarted the lan light on modem is on upto windows boot screen ,after that it disappears and windows says network cable is unplugged. i cannot connect to internet,plz help me to get around the problem.

More about : lan problem

May 28, 2010 1:55:35 PM

thank u for replying ..
i already have followed the order but to no avail
i don't think it is an issue with drivers because it says all the drivers are "on system".
could it be pertaining to some settings in bios or some NIC settings ?? :??:  :??:  http://img.tomshardware.com/forum/uk/icones/confused.gi...
m
l
Related resources
a b \ Driver
May 28, 2010 3:22:27 PM

mozit said:
thank u for replying ..
i already have followed the order but to no avail
i don't think it is an issue with drivers because it says all the drivers are "on system".
could it be pertaining to some settings in bios or some NIC settings ?? :??:  :??:  http://img.tomshardware.com/forum/uk/icones/confused.gi...

Have a look in Control Panel>System>Hardware>Device Manager to see if the NIC is actually enabled and check that it has a driver with RT at the front of the name. Chances are it's disabled as it goes off when Windows comes on duty so you have only to enable it to get it working.

m
l
May 29, 2010 6:10:07 AM

i had a look at them ,it is enabled(use this device)and have realtek drivers
m
l
a b \ Driver
May 29, 2010 7:06:28 AM

mozit said:
i had a look at them ,it is enabled(use this device)and have realtek drivers

[#0005ff]Go into Control Panel>Network Setup Wizard and go through that process. Does it refer to the ethernet connection as a valid device? If it doesn't, that process may force Windows to "see" and recognise the connection.[/#000ff]
m
l
May 29, 2010 9:38:07 AM

I got the solution by changing its property of 'speed and duplex' to full 10Mbps.

Thank u all for replying. :bounce:  :bounce:  :bounce: 
m
l
July 14, 2010 3:51:15 PM

hi, i m having same problem. also change to 10MB full duplex but after few minutes of serfing or downloading windows crash with blue screen of death. can any one help. i update every thing, bios, all drivers.
m
l
a b \ Driver
July 14, 2010 4:23:27 PM

vivekpandya24 said:
hi, i m having same problem. also change to 10MB full duplex but after few minutes of serfing or downloading windows crash with blue screen of death. can any one help. i update every thing, bios, all drivers.

Can you please post some of the detail from the blue screen? What would be useful is the numeric code - 0x0000?? - and ANY_WORDS_JOINED_UP by underscores.

m
l
!