mozit

Distinguished
May 27, 2010
i have dg41rq intel motherboard ,i just formatted and installed xp and then all the drivers successfully.Everything is working fine but network .i have rtl8168?8111D pci E card.the lan drivers installed successfully,when i restarted the lan light on modem is on upto windows boot screen ,after that it disappears and windows says network cable is unplugged. i cannot connect to internet,plz help me to get around the problem.

PeterBlitware

Distinguished
May 27, 2010

Have a look in Control Panel>System>Hardware>Device Manager to see if the NIC is actually enabled and check that it has a driver with RT at the front of the name. Chances are it's disabled as it goes off when Windows comes on duty so you have only to enable it to get it working.

Go into Control Panel>Network Setup Wizard and go through that process. Does it refer to the ethernet connection as a valid device? If it doesn't, that process may force Windows to "see" and recognise the connection.[/#000ff]

vivekpandya24

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2010
hi, i m having same problem. also change to 10MB full duplex but after few minutes of serfing or downloading windows crash with blue screen of death. can any one help. i update every thing, bios, all drivers.

Can you please post some of the detail from the blue screen? What would be useful is the numeric code - 0x0000?? - and ANY_WORDS_JOINED_UP by underscores.