Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

TOSHIBA DT01ACA100 1TB Hard Drive - Issue

Tags:
  • Hard Drives
  • Toshiba
  • Storage
Last response: in Storage
Share
March 7, 2013 11:56:35 PM

I just purchased 2-1 TB TOSHIBA DT01ACA100 hard drives. I've got an ASUSTeK M4A89GTD-PRO/USB3 (AM3) Motherboard with 6 SATA Ports.

Before purchasing these 2 drives, I had 2 smaller capacity SATA drives that were working fine. I removed the 2 spare older drives and then installed the 2 new drives. When I booted, they were detected by the system. I immediately went to Disk Manager to format and set them up. This is when the problems began. I was able to assign a drive letter to one and perform a quick format. When I tried it with the other one I got as far as a drive letter but the format failed. I thought the drive was defective after numerous reboots and checking my power and SATA cable connections. Then, the other one got flaky. I even removed it and installed it into an external USB 3 case I had and it seemed to work fine. Until I rebooted. Then, it would not show up in Explorer or Disk Manager.

I build my PC about 3 years ago and the bios has a 2011 date on it. Are these drives not compatible with my system? Because they must be OEM drives (bought them from Newegg) there was no instructions. I've not yet found any articles on compatibility. I reinstalled one of the old drives and it is working fine.

Thanks for any advise on this.

More about : toshiba dt01aca100 1tb hard drive issue

February 2, 2014 8:52:07 PM

hi sorry to hear that, were u able to fix the issues if yes how is ur toshiba drive going so far.
m
0
l
February 3, 2014 4:36:14 AM

vampelle said:
hi sorry to hear that, were u able to fix the issues if yes how is ur toshiba drive going so far.


No, I hung on to them for a while hoping that there was a solution but, I never found one. They would work for a few days and then get "flaky" again. I have 2 other Windows 7 desktop machines (one work; one at home) and I experienced the same problems. Because it was way out of the warranty period I ended up trashing them.

m
0
l
Related resources
February 3, 2014 6:28:58 AM

brewer55 said:
vampelle said:
hi sorry to hear that, were u able to fix the issues if yes how is ur toshiba drive going so far.


No, I hung on to them for a while hoping that there was a solution but, I never found one. They would work for a few days and then get "flaky" again. I have 2 other Windows 7 desktop machines (one work; one at home) and I experienced the same problems. Because it was way out of the warranty period I ended up trashing them.



sorry to hear that :(  so what are you using now.

m
0
l
February 3, 2014 6:36:16 AM

vampelle said:
brewer55 said:
vampelle said:
hi sorry to hear that, were u able to fix the issues if yes how is ur toshiba drive going so far.


No, I hung on to them for a while hoping that there was a solution but, I never found one. They would work for a few days and then get "flaky" again. I have 2 other Windows 7 desktop machines (one work; one at home) and I experienced the same problems. Because it was way out of the warranty period I ended up trashing them.



sorry to hear that :(  so what are you using now.



I'm using a 1TB Corsair Voyager Air drive. It functions as more than just my external backup drive. Read about it here: http://www.corsair.com/voyager-air
m
0
l
February 3, 2014 8:52:36 AM

looks great. but not available here. still need a internal HDD only got seagate , WD green toshiba which are in my range. WD blue ,red n black are expensive.
m
0
l
a c 268 G Storage
February 3, 2014 9:46:00 AM

Quote:

looks great. but not available here. still need a internal HDD only got seagate , WD green toshiba which are in my range. WD blue ,red n black are expensive.


Get the Seagate. I have one in my system and it is quiet, reliable and VERY fast!

Yogi
m
0
l
February 3, 2014 8:31:32 PM

ok thx :) 
m
0
l
a c 970 G Storage
February 4, 2014 7:38:02 PM

Make sure teh seagate is a 7200 rpm desktop drive, You dont want to get the av or nas drive.
m
0
l
February 4, 2014 8:49:34 PM

popatim said:
Make sure teh seagate is a 7200 rpm desktop drive, You dont want to get the av or nas drive.


oh what is nas and av drive?
m
0
l
!