Does Corsair Neutron GTX 120GB come bundled with a sata cable?

G

I have ordered one Corsair Neutron GTX 120GB SSD and its arriving today or tomorrow. I cant wait to use it as this is my first SSD. I wanna know if i have to buy a sata cable right away or is it included in the box? (Im gonna use the SSD my desktop)

Should i install Windows the normal way just like in a normal HDD or should i do a secure erase?

G

Thank you for your quick response.
Is there anything else that I'm supposed to know about the SSD?
Anything i have to be careful about?
Did you install windows to the SSD the normal way? (I'm planning on installing windows 8 by the way.)
Also, i heard that tweaks are no longer necessary especially in Windows 8, whats your opinion?

Is your SSD working well? How long has it been since you bought that SSD?
(I really want to try SSDs but I'm worried about their durability especially since this is my first SSD.)
I hope i made the correct decision by choosing corsair. Sadly Samsung 840 isn't available where i live.
Thanks again.

G

Yes, I'm using the Corsair Neutron GTX SSD with the Intel DH67BL Motherboard.
It seems to work well with Sata III connection.
I have had no problems so far.
I installed windows 8 on it.
I disabled system restore. (Its not because of the SSD. I do it on all my HDDs too since i use Acronis)
I disabled the pagefile. (Again, not because of the SSD. I do it since i have 8GB Ram and my ram usage rarely exceeds 3.5GB)
Other than that, i didn't mess with any other windows settings.
I have never updated my bios firmware or the SSD firmware. (Nor have i checked their version)
From the link posted by edogawa, there doesn't seem to be any firmware updates for the SSD for now.
Iam not sure about the life expectancy of this SSD as it is too soon to tell.

Install it normally like edogawa said. No tweaks are needed. Thats what the manual says.

Normally several SATA data cables come with a motherboard and several SATA power cables come with a power supply. I just built 3 computers for customers. Each motherboard came with 4 SATA data cables. The Corsair power supplies I installed came with several SATA power cables. The SATA power cables usually come with several SATA connectors so that a couple of SATA devices can be powered by just one cable.

BTW - There is no such thing as SATA 2 and SATA 3 cables. It is just an advertising gimmick designed to increase revenue. They are both identical cables. The specification is controlled by an international SATA organization.

Since you are purchasing a brand new solid state drive that has never been used there is no reason to perform a secure erase. There is nothing to erase/delete.

You can do a fresh clean install of Microsoft Windows on your new ssd just like you would on a new hard disk drive. Since you are installing to an ssd the installation process will be faster than installing to a hard drive.

khurramcreations

Honorable
May 13, 2013
Hello Members.

I have purchased New Corsair Neutron GTX 120GB but It's not working on Intel Motherboard DH67CL Sata iii 6gb port in one system, but first day it was working fine but second day I have got the problem. This MB having two Sata ii 3gb ports and two Sata iii 6gb ports, I have been tried both Sata iii 6gb ports but ssd is not showing in BIOS and PC showing the error that no boot device is connected, but this SSD has worked fine on Sata ii ports, also I have been tested two WD 2TB Sata iii HDD drive on both sata iii ports that was worked fine but SSD on same port not working.

Some time its show in BIOS but PC is not loading windows and displaying error no boot device available.

But this SSD Corsair Neutron GTX 120GB working fine on my other PC that having the same Motherboard on Sata III ports but difference between two PCs is that:

PC (SSD not working)
Motherboard: Intel DH67CL
Processor: i5 2500K
RAM: 8GB Kingston
Power supply: Plextor 550Watt

PC (SSD working)
Motherboard: Intel DH67CL
Processor: i7 2600K
RAM: 8GB Kingston
Power supply: Cooler Master 520 Watt

I think problem is power supply but I am not sure because all things are same but difference is only power supply and processor.

Please help me and guide me what I do here...

Regards
Khurram