Whats your experience with Corsair Neutron GTX 120GB SSD?

G

I have placed an order on this SSD. This is my first SSD.

Is there anything important that I'm supposed to know about this SSD? (Any problems and its solutions?)
Anything i have to be careful about?
Did you install windows to this SSD the normal way? (Is secure erase required? I'm planning on installing windows 8 by the way.)
Also, i heard that SSD tweaks are no longer necessary especially in Windows 8, whats your opinion?

Is your SSD working well? How long has it been since you bought that SSD?
(I really want to try SSDs but I'm worried about their durability especially since this is my first SSD.)
I hope i made the correct decision by choosing corsair. Sadly Samsung 840 isn't available where i live.

MY SPECS(in case you want to know):
Motherboard: Intel DH67BL
CPU: Intel Core i5 2320
GPU: AMD Radeon HD 6670 2GB DDR3
Ram : Transcend JM1333KLN-4G 4GB x 2= 8GB
HDD: Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003-9YN162

(I plan on using the SSD for OS, apps, one or two games Max. I'll be using the HDD for storing the other files. My Windows partition is always around 35GB Max i.e. it never exceeds 40GB)

I dont know much about secure erase. I would like to know if it has to be done once in a while.

khurramcreations

Honorable
May 13, 2013
Hi, crypto92

I have problem in Corsair Neutron GTX 120GB SSD?
Please see my problem in below mentioned link but I still don't have the solution. Samsung ssd is better but its not available in my country Pakistan same to you, but I have other ssd Corsair Force GT 60GB that is very good and working fine on my both systems and any system, But Corsair Neutron GTX 120GB is 70% faster then Corsair Force GT 60GB that's why I was purchased Neutron GTX but 3 days it was working find but after that it's not working on Sata iii connector I have the almost same board which you have. Please wait to purchase this SSD, If i will get the solution then I will tell you.

Regards
Khurram

http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-1675165/corsair-neutron-gtx-120gb-working-intel-motherboard-dh67cl-sata-iii-6gb-connector.html

G

Actually Samsung 840 Pro> Corsair Neutron GTX > Samsung 840 in terms of performance. The Samsung 840 is available in our country.
I don't know much about reliability of the Corsair SSD. It uses LAMD controller which is newer than sandforce. So I have no idea. I'll have to wait until my drive dies :)