Lenovo PC, only one video card supported?

Trying to setup a dual video card on a Lenovo 7483, but have the same issue with another Lenovo PC. Soon as I put in the PCI-E video card, the onboard goes from device manager.

I also tried using the PCI-E card as well as a PCI card, only the PCI-E card is detected. Windows does not even make a peep that new hardware was found about the PCI card.

Is this a motherboard limitation or something with the video cards? One is a Quadro 290, the PCI looks to be an nVidia FX600. Odd thing is that I have setup tons of other Lenovo systems with dual video cards with no issues.

borisof007

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2010
You can't dual video card two cards of different card slot types (PCI vs PCI-Express)

If you want to have dual video cards, you need to have two PCI-Express cards and two PCI-Express slots that offer at least 8x bandwidth each.

That's not true, this is not a DVI/Crossfire thing, you can combine AGP+PCI or PCI-e+PCI.. I have it running on tons of computers, except having an issue with a few new models now.

That's the issue, you can't disable it manually, but it seems to automatically do it when I put in the PCI-E card, and it won't allow me to use both onboard and PCI-E, nor onboard and PCI or PCI-E and PCI. Older Lenovos, no issues, the last 2 I worked on won't let me even detect 2 video cards.

TRENDING THREADS