Sign in with
Your question

DVI-D to HDMI Issues??? Please Help!

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
September 30, 2010 7:43:02 PM

Hello everyone, I'm new to this forum but I have a question that has been bothering me. Recently I just upgraded both monitor and computer. For my monitor I am actually using a Sanyo 32" LCD HDTV, and the graphics card I'm using with the computer I have is a Radeon X600. Now here is my question. My TV doesn't have a DVI input on it, just HDMI, so naturally, I bought a high quality DVI-D to HDMI cable to connect my computer to my TV. Even though the TV doesn't have DVI ports, one of the HDMI ports says DVI in parenthesis, so this is the port I chose to plug it in. I can get a picture just fine, but whenever I switch inputs, like let's say to watch TV or maybe to watch a DVD, when I come back to the HDMI channel that my computer is plugged into it says "no signal". The only way I have found to remedy this is I have to pull the HDMI connector out of the TV and reconnect it and my picture will come back, or if I restart my computer it comes back. There's not really any settings on my TV for this, and I haven't found anything on my computer to change this. Does anyone else have this problem? Is there something I'm missing? Someone please if you have any insight I'd love to hear, it gets annoying having to replug it every time I want to use my computer. Thanks in advance everyone!

-Tyler

More about : dvi hdmi issues

October 4, 2010 10:36:37 PM

This would probably be something to do with the display settings. It's not picking up the signal properly. I would get something like this when I'd connect my 32" HDTV to my 22" HD monitor. Toggle the display settings either on your windows/os display settings or your manufacturer's video card software. (Like Nvidia's control Panel). Hope that helps any.
m
l
!