Graphics card upgrade options?

dingusxp

Distinguished
Sep 30, 2010
I'm clueless as to what I should buy for a new upgrade. Since I have no idea what information I should put up, I'll just copy the template in the stickied thread.

APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: Long long time away. I'm thinking maybe summer of 2011.

USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT: Gaming I guess, I sorta want to play Final Fantasy 14. I also have a bunch of games on Steam that I never downloaded because the frame rate would fail.

CURRENT GPU AND POWER SUPPLY: Right now I have a nVidia 8500 GT. I don't know how to find the power supply so if anyone could tell me where I can find that, it'd be appreciated.

OTHER RELEVANT SYSTEM SPECS: I have a P5N-E SLI motherboard, 2gbs of ram, and I don't know where the CPU model is and stuff so help me find that as well.

PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS: The site doesn't really matter, as long as they're in the US.

PARTS PREFERENCES: Don't really have a preference since I don't know what all these are, I don't care if it's Nvidia or ATi though.

OVERCLOCKING: Not gonna overclock. As for SLI maybe depends on my budget

MONITOR RESOLUTION: 1400x900

ADDITIONAL COMMENTS
: Right now I only really want a list of options. I'll edit the post if I have more information. Ask for certain information if you need to.

I'm on XP 32 bit I believe.

borisof007

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2010
Yeah we'll definitely need your Power Supply information. It's on a Sticker on the Power Supply unit itself.

The pertinent information we'll need is:

Make and Model#
Total Wattage
Total Amperage (add up the amperages from all of the "12v" columns on the sticker)
Also list how many of those 12v columns there are.

We'll need your CPU model and information. If you right click on "My Computer" and go to "properties" you should be able to see that information right there.

We can't accurately recommend a video card until we have that information, especially the power supply.

dingusxp

Distinguished
Sep 30, 2010
I don't know what this all means so I'll just post a picture of the sticker up.
cimg2922.jpg

It's actually Turbolink Switching Power Supply if it makes a difference. As for CPU I have a Intel Core Duo E8400 @ 3.00 ghz