Distinguished
Oct 23, 2011
Hello Everybody

i've upgraded my old pc to the following
processor: Intel E5700 dual core
motherboard: Gigabyte G41MT-S2P
ram DDR3 : 2 x 2 GB kingston - KVR1333D3N9/2G

i already have Gigabyte Nvidia 9400 GT 512 MB DDR2 card
the problem was that my upgraded pc hangs many times during playing games and after i removed one piece
of the rams to be only 2 GB , the pc performance become more better, what should i do ...
to use only one piece of the memory or to upgrade my Nvidia card to DDR3 ... help me guys :(

suteck

Distinguished
Did you try switching them around with each other to see if that makes a difference? I would try 1 stick and if it runs good I would switch them out and try the second stick. See if one or the other doesn't work like it's supposed to or is it only when they run as a pair in dual channel. Could be a bad stick or could be a bad ram socket on your new motherboard. You should run memtest. As rolli59 suggests. it might be a bad stick of ram. Since it's new ram and a new mobo you will need to check them both? Are you running a 64 or 32 bit system? Shouldn't make a difference as far as the hanging but I'm curious.

egy-power

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2011
thanks for your reply guys, i'm using windows 32 bit, actually i tried to remove one piece of ram and the pc's performance 's better , i will try to switch the other piece and check the performance