Sign in with
Your question

Laptop stopped connecting to wireless network

Last response: in Wireless Networking
August 22, 2010 1:26:32 AM

Hello,
I have an HP Pavilion D6 running Windows 7. I have had no trouble connecting automatically to my wireless network at home for about 9 months. Today, however, is different. My network is listed, but it will not connect. I have not added any programs or changed any settings. Last night, fine. This morning, nothing. I have unplugged, replugged, turned off and on, rebooted,etc. until I'm blue in the face. :-) Of course, the built-in trouble shooting claims there is a wire uplugged. (Which there is not.) It also states that it cannot find the hidden network. All the lights on the modem and router (linksys)are telling me I should be connected. Any help out there?

Thanks!
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
August 22, 2010 9:29:08 AM

See if you can connect to the router (and the internet) with an ethernet cable between your computer's networking port and the router's ethernet ports.
m
l
August 22, 2010 8:22:18 PM

I can get online by taking the ethernet cord from my router and plugging it into the computer. So, my laptop is connected to the modem. I'm guessing that means the modem is fine and the cord is fine. The issue must be with my router somehow?
m
l
Related resources
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
August 22, 2010 10:22:51 PM

Clue may be the word "hidden" in hidden network. Log into the router's user setup screens (see literature which came with router) and in the wireless section make sure that SSID is being broadcast.

While there, also turn off anything like Access List (which filters access by MAC ID) . And I'd turn off wireless security while troubleshooting.
m
l
August 30, 2011 9:05:08 PM

terrilynn05 said:
Hello,
I have an HP Pavilion D6 running Windows 7. I have had no trouble connecting automatically to my wireless network at home for about 9 months. Today, however, is different. My network is listed, but it will not connect. I have not added any programs or changed any settings. Last night, fine. This morning, nothing. I have unplugged, replugged, turned off and on, rebooted,etc. until I'm blue in the face. :-) Of course, the built-in trouble shooting claims there is a wire uplugged. (Which there is not.) It also states that it cannot find the hidden network. All the lights on the modem and router (linksys)are telling me I should be connected. Any help out there?

Thanks!

i had almost the same problem and i found the solution! I had just to enable the DHCP.

http://www.ehow.com/how_5061881_enable-ip-addressing-dh...
m
l
!