guerilla_logic

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2010
Hey guys,
I just built my first computer about a month ago and i noticed when i go in the bios it says WARNING we dont suggest you set your v core to over 1.4v and it is stock set at 1.56v My bios says the cpu is sitting at around 55c. This seems extremely high for idling in the bios and when I run speedfan it says its in the mid 30's on every core. Do i need to turn the v back to 1.4?
System specs:
MOBO: MSI P67A-C43
CPU: 2nd Gen Intel I5 3.3ghz
RAM: One 4GB stick of DDR 1333 Pioneer ram
Hard Drive: Seagate baracuda low power 5200rpm 1tb hd
Opticle drive: Generic dvd r+w
PSU: Ultra 550 lifetime series
Graphics Card: MSI N460GTX Twin FROZR II

Solution
Your BIOS actually states a core voltage of 1.56? All the ones I've seen just call it "auto" or something like that. As I said, what does CPU-Z say? I'd bet (given your temps) that you're actually running at around 1.2 volts (as your hardware monitor would indicate).

guerilla_logic

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2010
Well thats what it says in my bios but this board has stupid CLICK BIOS and hardware monitor says vcore is min of 1.17volts and max of 1.19volts Plus all the temp pins are between 32 and 39 celcius.

Your BIOS actually states a core voltage of 1.56? All the ones I've seen just call it "auto" or something like that. As I said, what does CPU-Z say? I'd bet (given your temps) that you're actually running at around 1.2 volts (as your hardware monitor would indicate).

Solution