When will we have real DX11?

It seems MT (multi threading) wont be used til DX9 is truly history
http://www.pcgameshardware.com/aid,775465/Capcom-Next-gen-console-will-have-much-of-its-technology-drawn-from-the-PC-technology/News/

Yes. But it is also interesting that CapCom doesn't seem to be aiming its future development at the pc market because pcs "don't have set use." If the game companies stop developing pc-based (DX10-11) games, then what will happen to Intel's, AMD's, nVidia's, and motherboard mfrs' enthusiast market?

Itll help when Intels DX11 solution comes on board with their SoCs also, whenever thatll be
Seems to me, if they do this, itll hurry the ramp up on it
I know its only IGP, but it still will help, long term

It wasnt long ago, nVidia was hinting DX11 as being less than of primary importance.

Its the consoles, once they arrive (in DX11 abilities), thingsll change

Yea, but this is getting to the future, MT, which now is stunting even this.
Its why I want to see XP die, consoles to finally make something new, and quit squeezing out every last drop of DX9

Just posting this, if some are expecting this, it wont be here for awhile, maybe a few exclusives later next year

rawsteel

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2006
DX11 true games will come only after 2012-2013 when the new generation consoles should be released (if not even later).

I hate it too but thats the reality, until then its only sand in the eyes

Really mousemonkey never knew that.
Sorry mate I'm just making a reference to an argument that started some four and a bit years ago when Nvidia were being accused by the ATi fanbase of holding back the development of DX10.1 games because their cards only did DX10 whereas the "late to the party" HD2xxx series cards were capable of DX10.1 and as such it had nothing to do with games all being console ports but everything to do with the evil green giant.

Tamz_msc

Distinguished
Main reason of piracy is high cost of games in country like India,Pak,Iraq,Iran,South America,Africa and many sub continental and middle east countries.People simply cannot afford games here.
What are you saying? PC games in India, newly launched, cost approximately half of what they sell for in the US.COD MW2 launched at 60$ in US while in India it was launched at 1299 INR or a little less than 30 $.

Tamz_msc

Distinguished
For the main question in this thread, I would ask, When will we see real DX 10?Wasn't it supposed to be revolutionary.It might have added HW acceleration in some applications, but I yet to see a DX 10/11 game and say wow.It is unlikely to happen as long as stupid Microsoft representatives say that FPSes are not for PCs.
Unless Microsoft seriously looks into PC gaming, Real DX 11 is not going to happen.

wh3resmycar

Distinguished

if i remember correctly, the hd2xxx never did support dx10.1. dx10.1 support came into fruition with the 3800s.

whats amazing though is to how much amd/ati wasted in terms of development and resources, with their tessellation unit with the 3800/4800.

ati dimwits kept on stressing on how good their 3850 will be once DX11 comes out because of its tessellation unit

i'd be more than happy to slap their 3850s on their faces right now.

Tamz_msc

Distinguished
You are from india.Yes you are right in that sense.But even 1299 is way to much for an average Indian.Games are generally played by students or college goers.Spending 1299 for a game means zero pocket money for whole month.
But that is the feeling people in India have in general.What they don't realize that a good game is just as hard to make like any good software.They should be paying for what they want to play, otherwise it undermines the hard work of hundreds of people..It is for them to decide what they want had how to spend on it.

Diamond reckon their 2900XT has DX10.1

How much does an average game cost in the US? Mostly around $30-$40, right?

But if you do conversions you would find that games here cost something around $40-$60. So there is a distinct difference in pricing. I admit that games are hard to make but that doesn't mean it should be compensated for by keeping high prices on a part of the world and cheaper on the other. That extra cost i guess comes from the import costs. But as long as they come down to the same price at all levels, you would not notice any difference in piracy (although piracy is not the main topic of discussion here, but brought it up because Piracy is rampant in Asia).

Although i must say, game prices have come down a lot now in India as well and can be bough one in every three months out of some students pocket money! Previously when i was a kid, it was one per year and your parents wont allow the next one! :na:

wh3resmycar

Distinguished

well from your link the detailed specs mentions dx10.1

but the product features states:

they may have lied. i didn't know AIBs are actually capable of "injecting" dx support inside a card. hence, they could've add dx10 with the old x1950xtx.

Tamz_msc

Distinguished

Well EA charges RS 999 for the games it releases.Only the console games sell for much higher like 3000 rupees or higher.