BoostBlitzen

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2011
I'm having major issues with a new build:

i5 2500k
GA-Z68XP-UD3 r1.3
Corsair Vengeance 8gb (2x4gb) CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 DDR3 dual channel ram
OCZ Solid 3 SATA3 120gb SSD
WD Black 640gb 7200rpm SATA2 HDD (came from previous stable system)
XFX Radeon HD 6870 video card (came from previous stable system)
Silverstone 750w PSU (came from previous stable system)
Windows 7 x64 professional w/sp1 (from previous stable system)

It seems that this board doesnt exist. The revision of 1.3 does not exist on Gigabyte's website EXCEPT as a GA-Z68XP-UD3R but that board has a black PCB, a black box and has a completely different BIOS and I assume different drivers.

My major issue with this build so far has been random BSODS and most notably - Windows update getting stuck and either blue screening OR random rebooting. I get errors in windows that all relate to this in some form or another:

"You receive one of the following error codes when you try to install .NET Framework updates through Windows Update or Microsoft Update, or when you attempt to update malware signatures in Microsoft Security Essentials.

Error code: 0x80070643Or

Error code: 0x643Back to the top
CauseThis problem can be caused by system corruption on your computer. This occurs fo...This problem can be caused by system corruption on your computer. This occurs for various reasons, including but not limited to other applications overwriting of .NET files or corrupted hard disk sectors."

I have tried installing windows on both the OCZ SSD and the 640gb WD Black and get the same results. I have done memtest v.40.0 and after 3 runs I received 0 errors on the memory. I was able to update this mother board with the BIOS of f7 - 2011/10/05 from the GA-Z6XP-UD3 r1.0 with no problems (http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=3892#bios). I could not update the BIOS from the GA-Z68XP-UD3R as it said it was not compatible in the flashing program. Whats worse is this motherboard I have now is a replacement board for the first board I had which came in a different box and it was revision 1.0 - I had the same problems with that board as I have with this board.

The video card works as it came from an older system I am replacing. The thing that really confuses me is how the box for the replacement board I just received (GA-Z68XP-UD3 r1.3) is almost exactly the same as the GA-Z68XP-UD3R r1.3 except for mine has a white background with that same stupid red car/issd picture and says only "GA-Z68XP-UD3" instead of a black background, same stupid red car/issd picture and "GA-Z68XP-UD3R". The first board I received and RMAed which was revision 1.0 matches that of what is shown on the Gigabyte website:

http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=3892&dl=#ov

The one I received matches the above board physically in colors (blue pcb, blue/white connectors - white box) exactly except that its revision 1.3 and comes in the copied box from the different board below:

http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=3980#ov

It seems what I have does not exist. There is actually a little sticker on my board where the revision is - normally the revision is etced in but mine is a little white sticker that says "REV:1.3". This board doesn't exist anywhere that I can see :(

Any suggestions?

BoostBlitzen

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2011
I forgot to add that I have fully updated the SSD via OCZ's website and recommendation. I also have the updated drivers from Gigabyte's website for the same model of my board but for revision 1.0