Usb connector

qwerty123z

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2011
Hi, I have the cm storm sniper amd dragon case and a P8Z68 v-pro motherboard and I'm trying to plug in the USB connector but I don't know where it goes or how to plug it in. The motherboard shows USB_p in the manual and in the cm storm manual it says motherboard should be LP is there a difference? and if so can I plug it in anywhere?

The motherboard manual and chassis manual both say USB 2.0 connector

Some cases have the 9 pin usb connector that plugs right on to any usb port on the motherboard. Most have two ports. Check the manual or the white id label. Other cases have the usb connector split into two sections, each with 4 pins and the ninth pin separate as a ground. And the standard one piece design has the tenth pin plugged so it's easy to line up on the pin cluster.

qwerty123z

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2011

My usb connector has a 9 pin I can get the connector from the chassis to attach to the usb in the motherboard but I have to apply a lot of force to do it so I felt like I was doing it wrong, is what I'm doing right? The motherboard comes with a thing that's a usb connector 9 pin and putting that into the usb connector was really easy.