UT2K4 voice chat problem/question

Some Onslaught servers have voice chat enabled.

I've noticed that whenever someone speaks, it makes all the sounds from
the actual game go very quiet and I can hardly hear what's going on.

Is it this way for everyone, or do I need a new sound card or
headphones or something?

-Dan / Tuber

Daniel Damouth <damouth@san.rr.com> wrote in

> Some Onslaught servers have voice chat enabled.
>
> I've noticed that whenever someone speaks, it makes all the sounds
> from the actual game go very quiet and I can hardly hear what's
> going on.
>
> Is it this way for everyone, or do I need a new sound card or
> headphones or something?

I should perhaps have added that I have an old SB Live! card and a nice
pair of Sennheiser headphones (not a headset).

-Dan Damouth

> Some Onslaught servers have voice chat enabled.
>
> I've noticed that whenever someone speaks, it makes all the sounds from
> the actual game go very quiet and I can hardly hear what's going on.
>
> Is it this way for everyone, or do I need a new sound card or
> headphones or something?

Recently somebody told me that he has the same thing and it's normal and i
thought that because mine doesn't go quiet it's broken:).

On Fri, 04 Mar 2005 23:56:15 GMT, Daniel Damouth <damouth@san.rr.com>
wrote:

>Some Onslaught servers have voice chat enabled.
>
>I've noticed that whenever someone speaks, it makes all the sounds from
>the actual game go very quiet and I can hardly hear what's going on.
>
>Is it this way for everyone, or do I need a new sound card or
>headphones or something?
>
>-Dan / Tuber

I get that on some servers but don't on others. So yeah, I get that
sometimes too.