Fixing a computer that doens't want to boot HLEP!!!!

draconous

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2010
Hello,
I've been working on this computer for a while and now it's starting to get to me, I was given a computer that when I plug in and turn on the power supply, it will work for about 5 seconds and than it would shut off. I thought that it was a bad mobo, so I went and got a new one and I installed it with and again when I installed the power supply I thought it might work. Next thing I know it did the same thing. So I got a new power supply, installed it and again it booted for about five seconds and shut down. I've tried taking things out to see if it was the graphics card in it, and also the memory, disconnected the hard drives, and dvd burners and it will start up for about 5 seconds, and then it will shut down.... I'm out of all ideas, unless the processor is bad, than what else can I do to fix this? I have: Pentium D 930, Maxtor 100Gb hard drive, 2 DDR2667 PNY memory, and a DVD burner, motherboard is an ASUS P5KPL-AM EPU...Please help
signed,
desparate

draconous

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2010
Thanks for the posts,
here's the funny thing, it was the switch in the front panel that was the main problem, no matter what parts I put in it, it was the FRIGGEN' POWER SWITCH IN FRONT........so I've pretty much fixed it and it's running just fine now.... so if anyone is going through the same problem as I was, check the power switch just to make sure so you don't go crazy and purchasing pretty much a whole new system.... like what I did...sorry to waste everybody's time, but thanks for all of the replies

TRENDING THREADS