No signal to monitor after putting in new GPU old one doesn't work now

I ordered a Gigabyte 9400 GT from NCIX to replace my BFG 7900 GTX; I wasn't able to play games because my screen would start showing random textures in the game environments and other weird effects before the computer would lock up. I assumed it was the video card because my ram was replaced and still the problems persisted I removed all my nvidia drivers via add/remove programs and shut off the computer unplugged it, took the old card out put the new one in (following the directions from the manual to make sure i dint miss anything) started the system back up (sounded normal, new video card fan started running) yet the monitor wasn't getting a signal, I went to shut my computer off by holding the button for 5 or so seconds like I normally do when windows is frozen and it wouldn't shut off, tried the reset button and no response I had to switch the PSU off to shut it down, I put the old card back in and now it doesn't work at all either. Did I cook something? Please help.

Antec P180 Black ATX Mid Tower Case
Athlon 64 X2 DC Processor 4600+ Socket AM2
Asus M2N32-SLI Deluxe nForce 590
Crucial Ballistix PC2-6400 2GB 2X1GB DDR2-800 CL4-4-4-12 240PIN (replaced a faulty stick)
Segate Barracuda 7200 320GB SATA2
BFG GeForce 7900 GTX OC PCI-E 512 GDDR3
Creative Sound Blaster X-FI Xtreme Music 24BIT
WinXP
3 answers Last reply
More about signal monitor putting doesn work
  1. What's your power supply?

Also, I'd recommend using Driversweeper in the future for removing video card drivers.

Are you not able to get a signal on your monitor during POST? Or just in Windows? Can you be a bit more descriptive with your issue?
  2. It is not getting any signal whatsoever doesn't even show the POST screen, My supply was a 700Watt OCZ Game Extreme, i got it replaced a long time ago and i forget with what, except it was a 500 watt. Now when I put my old GPU back in it doesn't work either.
  3. Hmm, could be a bad motherboard.

Anyone else chip in?
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Graphics