Sign in with
Your question

Antec 1200W PSU - Need UPS Advice

Last response: in Components
February 20, 2011 2:09:28 PM

Hi,

I bought this 1200W PSU unit, and i did not know the power cord/cable that comes with it is not as the normal/standard power cables for almost all other computers,

It is thicker & bigger, now i have a problem that the normal jack that fits into the UPS no longer fits,

I wonder if someone can recommend a UPS unit for that PSU,

Thanks.
February 20, 2011 2:55:25 PM

I don't understand, the power cable that came w/ your PSU does not fit to the cord connection of your UPS so that you can power the UPS, or the power cable that came w/ your PSU does not fit to the cord connection of your UPS so the UPS can power your PSU? W/c is it? I don't think you even need a new UPS.
m
l
Related resources
February 20, 2011 4:08:46 PM

binoyski said:
I think you just need a different power cable:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ImageGallery.aspx?CurImag...

The female one the w/o the prongs is the one you connect to your psu, the other one of the ends, the male one, w/ the prongs, it's the one you connect to your UPS! Hope this helps!

Exactly what I needed, Thanks a lot!

Here comes another question,

Will my UPS able to handle the PSU just at least for a minute to shutdown?

My UPS is 1500VA 850W
m
l
February 20, 2011 4:21:43 PM

I don't know the power cord/cable and other technical term you had discussed. please elaborate your problem so we can try to sort it out.
==========
PLR Ebooks
m
l
a c 274 ) Power supply
February 20, 2011 4:37:40 PM

You don't live in North America do you?
Because the psu power cord is standard 3 prong over here.
And UPS's sold here accept that cord no problem.
m
l
February 20, 2011 4:39:07 PM

Well, I live in Egypt, but either way i got told that 1200W PSU(s)+ Uses a different (bigger) cord...
m
l
February 20, 2011 6:39:57 PM

f00j00 said:
Exactly what I needed, Thanks a lot!

Here comes another question,

Will my UPS able to handle the PSU just at least for a minute to shutdown?

My UPS is 1500VA 850W

That will depend on your whole system power draw. If all your parts(whole pc + monitor if connected to UPS) will draw 850w greater than your UPS can handle then "no". How would you know how much your pc power(watts) draws, list all components you have so maybe I can help you again.

I wish I'll be able to visit The Great Pyramids!
m
l
!