Sign in with
Your question
Solved

P6200 vs Phenom II P650

Last response: in CPUs
February 20, 2011 3:55:54 PM

Hello,

I do a lot of photo processing (running lightroom 3 and photoshop CS 5) simultaneously. Assuming that the the RAM is the same and both are using the integrated video card, which one of these processors will work better?

Thankss in advance

More about : p6200 phenom p650

a c 125 à CPUs
February 20, 2011 4:53:23 PM

Laptop CPUs are very hard to compare. Most sites don't review them. But in terms of performance, they will be about the same but the Intel Pentium P6200 will be more efficient and use less power thanks to its more advanced process.
February 20, 2011 7:34:56 PM

Thanks Jimmy... Thats the problem I am running into. I cound't find any head to head comparison between these two processors. I am guessing that most dual-core with 4GB of RAM and a decent video card should do. However, a lot of laptops (sale laptops) does not come with a dedicated graphics card. Hope someone else can chip in as well.
Related resources
February 20, 2011 10:57:53 PM

They're about the same and typically appear at the same price points(big surprise?).
Comparison of Mobile Processors

If you want better performance you need to pay for it. Core i3 is about $50 more and faster for multithreaded tasks due to Hyperthreading.

Best solution

a b à CPUs
February 21, 2011 12:22:16 AM

Its good to see more awareness of the P6xxx processors.
They're like an "i3 Jr." Its missing Hyperthreading (like UniqueName mentioned) and Virtualization and a couple other small features.

The site UniqueName posted had both processors, and rated the Phenom II above the P6200, but didn't have benchmark numbers for the Phenom II.

The P650 is a 2.6 GHz with a 25W TDP. P6200 is 2.13 GHz 35W TDP. I normally would have thought the Phenom would run hotter... Looking at the high level stats, I would probably agree with the comparison chart showing the P650 would be stronger. Laptop performance is hard to predict, like mentioned above... Good luck!
February 28, 2011 4:12:07 PM

Thanks for all the replies. I guess I will go with original decision to buy a Core i5 laptop.
February 28, 2011 4:12:32 PM

Best answer selected by thamizhan.
!