P6200 vs Phenom II P650

thamizhan

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2011
Hello,

I do a lot of photo processing (running lightroom 3 and photoshop CS 5) simultaneously. Assuming that the the RAM is the same and both are using the integrated video card, which one of these processors will work better?

Thankss in advance

Solution
Its good to see more awareness of the P6xxx processors.
They're like an "i3 Jr." Its missing Hyperthreading (like UniqueName mentioned) and Virtualization and a couple other small features.

The site UniqueName posted had both processors, and rated the Phenom II above the P6200, but didn't have benchmark numbers for the Phenom II.

The P650 is a 2.6 GHz with a 25W TDP. P6200 is 2.13 GHz 35W TDP. I normally would have thought the Phenom would run hotter... Looking at the high level stats, I would probably agree with the comparison chart showing the P650 would be stronger. Laptop performance is hard to predict, like mentioned above... Good luck!

thamizhan

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2011
Thanks Jimmy... Thats the problem I am running into. I cound't find any head to head comparison between these two processors. I am guessing that most dual-core with 4GB of RAM and a decent video card should do. However, a lot of laptops (sale laptops) does not come with a dedicated graphics card. Hope someone else can chip in as well.

jpmucha

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2008
Its good to see more awareness of the P6xxx processors.
They're like an "i3 Jr." Its missing Hyperthreading (like UniqueName mentioned) and Virtualization and a couple other small features.

The site UniqueName posted had both processors, and rated the Phenom II above the P6200, but didn't have benchmark numbers for the Phenom II.

The P650 is a 2.6 GHz with a 25W TDP. P6200 is 2.13 GHz 35W TDP. I normally would have thought the Phenom would run hotter... Looking at the high level stats, I would probably agree with the comparison chart showing the P650 would be stronger. Laptop performance is hard to predict, like mentioned above... Good luck!

Solution