Sign in with
Your question

Maxtor DiamondMAX 9+ 7200RPM 80GB HDD $75 OBO

Last response: in Deals
April 7, 2004 10:54:03 PM

Selling a Maxtor DiamondMAX Plus 9 80GB HDD for $75 or best offer. Great drive. Just selling it so I can buy a second 120 GB SATA drive to set up in RAID.<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by KrazyNutz on 04/12/04 00:22 AM.</EM></FONT></P>
April 8, 2004 1:16:53 AM

yeah? says who? I've read enough reviews putting them on par with other top drives. I'm only interested in buyer responses, not fanboys'. Thanks

<font color=blue>Asus P4P800 Deluxe, 2.6C @ 3.25Ghz, 512 MB Geil Platinum PC4000, Antec TruePower 430, Swiftech MCX4000 w/Sanyo Denki 92mm - 26 deg idle.
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
April 8, 2004 2:14:21 AM

im not a fanboy first off, i was just tellin ya....

but i guess you can throw around insults pretty well :lol: 

oh well, good luck selling it. lol

<A HREF="http://www.cameronwilliamson.com" target="_new">-={Apostalic Alcoholic.}=-</A>
April 8, 2004 2:54:13 AM

so what was the point of just posting "maxtor sucks?" Just saying something sucks just for the sake of saying it - on a classified ad of all places - is typical fanboy crap. And as far as insults go, you insulted my product first. If Maxtor sucked, I wouldn't have bought it. And if "I was just tellin ya" is your story, then I was just informing fanboys to not respond to my post. I never pointed fingers. I was just tellin ya...

<font color=blue>Asus P4P800 Deluxe, 2.6C @ 3.25Ghz, 512 MB Geil Platinum PC4000, Antec TruePower 430, Swiftech MCX4000 w/Sanyo Denki 92mm - 26 deg idle.
April 8, 2004 3:11:52 AM

So you're giving us an $11 discount on a used drive.......somehow that doesn't work out
Got a 120GB DM 9 for that price months ago. Try $30-50 then you may get some hits ($36 Maxtor 80GB HDD right now, u got competition, and only way to compete given that it's the same product is to offer a lower price)
Good luck.

SEX is like math. Add the bed, subtract the clothes, divide the legs, and hope you dont multiply
April 8, 2004 3:13:49 AM

Quote:

you insulted <b>my</b> product

lol you make maxtor now???

anyways if you want an apology i will give you .

sorry for stating m y opinion. I have used three different maxtors drives and all have been crap. I am truly sorry I bought them. My apologies to you krazynutz, my bad, i will never state my opinion in public forums again. lol.
Quote:

typical fanboy crap

if i was a fanboy i would have NAMED another product that i thought was better. how does my comment even endorse anything? it doesnt, the main reason of a fanboy is to endorse their favorite product and i obviously havent done that. I just said maxtor sux. i never said any product was better did i?
youre funny. im a fanboy cuz i state my opinion. well i guess i am then.

have a nice day.

<b> P.S. </b>
FOR ALL INTERESTED,
BUY FROM THIS GUY HE'S A REALLY GOOD SALESMAN!!!!

<A HREF="http://www.cameronwilliamson.com" target="_new">-={Apostalic Alcoholic.}=-</A>
April 8, 2004 3:23:37 AM

I mentioned in the post "or best offer." So I don't have my heart set on the $75, just a bit hopefull. I have local friends that will probably end up buying it. Figured I'd post it on here in case they didn't. And as far as selling it for half that, I'd rather use it for backup. Just looking for a happy medium.

April 8, 2004 4:03:17 AM

Awww...Phukface, I wasn't looking for an apology. I was just pointing out how unnecessary your post was. I mean, if this was a Q&A thread where people are discussing things and you had to drop your two cents, then yeah, chuck an opinion in there if ya want. This is the classifieds, where people are trying to sell stuff. So again, I ask, what was the point of just dropping by and saying what I'm selling sucks? Especially when it doesn't? I've had 3 Maxtor drives myself and all have been good drives. They're quiet, reliable, fast, and rate pretty well in PCMark2002 compared to other posts I've seen. I'm sure you'd be a little pissed if I did that to you, yes? And of course I don't make Maxtor HD's, but I am selling one. Hence, my product. Yeah, it sounds funny and I could see how you couldn't resist jumping on that one, but come on - how old are we? And not all fanboys defend and swear by their faves all the time after mocking others. I've seen fanboys just dog other products just for the sake of making any others than the ones they like look bad. So yeah, it does happen all the time. Hell, for all I know, it's a hobby for them cuz' they've got nothing better to do. And how does me defending "my product" (ok, that does sound funny) make me a bad salesman? I mean, you're obviously not going to buy it, so if I get into it with you, I haven't exaclty lost a sale, have I? Bottom line: I know I probably won't get what I'm looking for on this site for the drive. I'll probably end up selling it to a friend. I didn't expect this fracas to go this far. I was just a little miffed by your original post and like I said earlier, I'm sure you, or anybody else for that matter, would have reacted similarly had the situation been reversed. Truce?

April 8, 2004 4:14:42 AM

hey man i aint got no worries. truce. and i wouldnt have held it against ya if you had flamed me or whatever. sorry dude, guess ya dont know me yet.

April 8, 2004 4:37:58 AM

Ah. Realize tho that saying 75$ OBO implies that 75 is your minimum. I doubt you'll find someone here who'll buy it for close to what you're looking for, but if u can sell to a friend for close to that (as evil as it is :evil:  ) do it!

SEX is like math. Add the bed, subtract the clothes, divide the legs, and hope you dont multiply
April 8, 2004 5:56:02 AM

cracking up....

well, I guess it's all in how you decipher it. I've been accustomed to "or best offer" meaning if I can't get the price I'm looking for, I'll take the best offer below that if I have to. Don't blame me for being backwards...I'm originally from Ohio...lol.

April 8, 2004 6:00:31 AM

'scool man. I'm just bitchy this time of month...ha ha...oh wait, before I forget: How do you guys do that thing where you copy part of someone else's response in tiny type and put it in your response? Ya know, like you did to me earlier?

April 8, 2004 3:29:04 PM

Hey thanks. Must have missed that one when I checked before.

April 12, 2004 4:06:37 AM

Ahah! Out of sheer curiosity, I asked around about that "OBO" conflict, flamethrower, and everyone agrees with me! (from people in states other than Ohio - lol) So I'm not so backwards after all! I'm right!

April 12, 2004 4:40:29 AM

Nebraska, Idaho, and Wyoming don't count! :tongue:

Will make a note of it, thx.

April 16, 2004 9:33:58 PM

There are Maxtor drives, then there are Maxtor DRIVES. The DiamondMax+ is the enterprise drive with the 3 year warrantee.

I recommend Maxtor drives myself. Initial quality is as good as other makers', but the quality shows in how they treat people with problems. I had a problem with one (much older drive) and it was replaced OVERNIGHT at no cost. Not even shipping either way. That alone makes it worth buying. Price alone is another matter. That's always up to the dealmaker :) .

Quote:
=== SHOPPINGMAN!!! Never assume ANYTHING ====

!