Which package is better?

Solution
That is one of the favorites I've seen alot of people choosing lately. Solid board at a great price I hear. But it has all those extra's you seemed not to be interested in, that's probably why the other asrock was suggested. Trying to keep the price a little lower so you could afford the extra memory. If you're going to populate it with 8 GB sticks you're gonna want some of that money in your pockets. But hey, it's only $20,well $28 when you count shipping, difference so I say go for it. You will lose 2 of the 6 GB/s connectors but you will gain 4 usb internal headers if you have the add-ons to use with it, and need that many usb 2.o connectors. but you will also gain the second pci-e 16 slot, runs both X16 slots at 8X mode when...

suteck

Distinguished
Nothing wrong with the asrock board. Try THIS LINK to newegg to look it up for yourself. Asrock is a sister company of Asus so you're still in the same family, so to speak.
If you're using internal storage then you'll want one with more 6 GB/s transfer speeds so the P8Z68-V or the Z68 PRO3 would be better choices. All of them will run up to 32 GB's of ram and that's really what you're going to need for the rendering. Also, you didn't mention which cpu you are looking at so I just wanted to add that you will probably need the 2600K. Better graphics processing and more cores, (8 including the hyperthreading as opposed to just 4 - 4 with the 2500K), which you will also need for rendering.

suteck

Distinguished
That is one of the favorites I've seen alot of people choosing lately. Solid board at a great price I hear. But it has all those extra's you seemed not to be interested in, that's probably why the other asrock was suggested. Trying to keep the price a little lower so you could afford the extra memory. If you're going to populate it with 8 GB sticks you're gonna want some of that money in your pockets. But hey, it's only $20,well $28 when you count shipping, difference so I say go for it. You will lose 2 of the 6 GB/s connectors but you will gain 4 usb internal headers if you have the add-ons to use with it, and need that many usb 2.o connectors. but you will also gain the second pci-e 16 slot, runs both X16 slots at 8X mode when both populated. But those are usually for graphics cards and you said you wanted on-die graphics. Don't know what else you would need the extra bandwidth for except maybe some scsi raid cards. I'm not trying to talk you out of it just trying to fill you needs without all that extra >GAMING< hardware :eek: just messin with you. But you asked what we think of that board?? Tom's, or Tom's members give it best pick rating so it's an awesome board.

Solution