If u need CUDA i would rather take GTX 460 1GB/256bit else for multi displays consider HD 6850/6870 Alternatively Cayman Pro/XT is incoming so another (prudent) option could be an IGP based chipset like 880G/890GX and await availability/price revisions?
The GTX 470 is a tad toasty and a wee bit of a power guzzler so if u want Nvidia due to the CUDA feature then the slightly lower end GTX 460 is a better overall buy If CUDA is irrelevant the new HD 6k cards currently offer good scaling via crossfire (with HD 6950/6970 incoming) on top of being mmore efficient vs their HD 5k cousins before them. Hmm i can go on for a while but if not sure what apps/software do u use for rendering?
Wow. I thing the 6ks are good. But which one is better, 6870 or 6850? According to the graph on your link, sometimes 70 is better, but sometimes 50 is better.
I have few more things to ask:
- Why you prefer 6Ks over 5Ks?
- How 6Ks performed compared to gtx 460 or even 470?
Thank you for your great help
1. Better price/performance, higher efficiency and superior crossfire scaling
2. HD 6850 ~ GTX 460, HD 6870 ~ GTX 470
3. Which card depends on budget,kind of games, gamer profile u fit, yada yada
The power draw and recommendations are stated in that review posted You are welcomed ^^