Sign in with
Your question
Closed

No audio over hdmi with Radeon 5850 and Samsung P2370HD?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
October 1, 2010 9:22:10 PM

Hello,

I'm having with getting my new Samsung display, P2370HD, to receive sound from my computer. The display is connected with a hdmi cable, the default audio output is set to ATI HDMI Audio, but even when I press the "test" button in Windows 7, the monitor does not playback sound. Now I know the speakers are not broken, because they work with analog audio connection and the strangest thing is that the same computer with the same hdmi cable works fine with my Samsung LCD TV of the same generation (even have same menus, the TV and the display).

Is it possible that the hdmi port in the P2370HD in incapable of receiving audio?

Thanks in advance for your help.
October 1, 2010 9:35:03 PM

lifedealer said:
Hello,

I'm having with getting my new Samsung display, P2370HD, to receive sound from my computer. The display is connected with a hdmi cable, the default audio output is set to ATI HDMI Audio, but even when I press the "test" button in Windows 7, the monitor does not playback sound. Now I know the speakers are not broken, because they work with analog audio connection and the strangest thing is that the same computer with the same hdmi cable works fine with my Samsung LCD TV of the same generation (even have same menus, the TV and the display).

Is it possible that the hdmi port in the P2370HD in incapable of receiving audio?

Thanks in advance for your help.

All right, solved. For some unfathomable reasons setting the input type in the display's menu as "PC" instead of "DVI PC" enables audio over hdmi.

I hope that I didn't just spam the forums and that this will help somebody one day. :) 
Score
October 2, 2010 6:53:53 AM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score
!