Sign in with
Your question

$1500? gaming pc

Tags:
Last response: in Systems
November 24, 2010 1:36:57 PM

I've been thinking of building my pc for quite some time now.. and got moved and moved just to see the new video cards going out. i'm more comfortable buying mid-range cards since the turnover of cards are just so fast...

1. Which would be better palit gtx460 sonic platinum or 6870.. just your input on this would be nice..

2. Any part u think i should improve or take out?

3. thanks for taking your time i am very grateful for any input you would give thanks..

Here is what i am planning to build

Motherboard : Asus P6X58D-E X58
Processor: Intel I7 950
Video Card: GTX 460 1gb sonic platinum / hd6870
Ram: g skill triple channel 3x2gb ddr3 1600
Power Supply: Corsair (HX850) 850watts (just wanted extra space in case i go to liquid cooling and put in an extra video card
Case: CM Sniper black mesh
Hard Drive: Samsung Spinpoint f3 1TB
Optical Drive: Samsung DVDRW SH-223L 22X SATA Lightscribe

Mouse:D eathadder 3500dpi
Keyboard: Razer Lycosa mirror
Mousepad: Goliathus conrtol pad
Monitor: Samsug PX2370

Approximate Purchase Date: 1week from now

Budget Range: $1500? maybe a little higher if drastic performance increase or reliability

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Heavy use on Gaming, Watching movies, Internet

Parts Preferences: No Real Preference i just want advise on what you think i can improve on with my
build, i'm open to looking into brands u suggest

Overclocking: In the future

SLI or Crossfire: In the future

Monitor Resolution: 1920x1080

Additional Comments: im not planning on using raid 0 or SSD since i can w8 those extra seconds.. 3d gaming might be something i look into in the future but as of now it seems a little too pricey for me

More about : 1500 gaming

November 25, 2010 4:10:37 AM

This topic has been moved from the section CPU & Components to section Systems by Aford10
November 25, 2010 5:10:56 AM

Those graphics cards arn't really in the same price range are they? If they are then that GTX 460 is overpriced.

Since your only gaming X58 is overkill. You will see NO gaming benefit from having the i7 over a cheaper platform like 1156 or AM3. I would personally suggest a Phenom II X4 955 with a 890GX board.

This will save you a lot of money and will allow you to spend more on graphics cards so that you get more performance.
!