Don't know what mobo I get for this computer

DeathScytheBR

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2011
Hello, I'm new here(Sorry, I have never been good with introductions :D )!

Well, short story is, I had this computer, and the mobo (a ASUS M4A88TD-M) died after I installed the video board. Now I feel very unsafe about my computer and really don't want to work on it without a better opinion first, wich is yours.

PC:
2x2Gb Patriot, DDR3, 1333
2Gb Kingston, DDR3, not sure, I guess it is 1600
Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit (I know, I'm going to get the 64bit version)
Thermaltake PurePower series 550Watts
ATI HD4850 1Gb DDR3
1TB HD
AMD PhenomII X6 1090 2.8GHz (not OC)

The mobo was doing fine until I installed the HD4850, then it got unstable, the computer randomly restarted and blue screened very often. I tried removing it, but didn't work. Then one day I removed one of the memory cards (I had 2 Kingston ones) and it remained stable for a good 3 months. Well, until 2 months ago, that is, when the computer went crazy again and after a few days the mobo died. I had 3 fans...

Please guys, help me out, I don't feel like losing the TF2 Hallowe'en update again :c
And thanks in advance :hello:

suteck

Distinguished
Are you running just the patriot memory now? In the right slots? Might be that the ram or ram slots are starting to fail. Have you run Memtest yet to check the ram? Try it here and check that if you can. If you attribute it to the video card I would look at power but your 550w should be plenty. All the power connectors for both the card and the second 4 pin power connectors are plugged in right?

DeathScytheBR

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2011

As I posted above, the mobo already died and I'm looking for a new one xD

About the video card, there was only 1 slot, and it was for a 6-pin connector wich was there. The mobo has a memok light, wich flashed red after it died and turned on right before it got unstable (restarted).

suteck

Distinguished
Sorry, I thought you meant died as in I don't know what to do next not died as in it's in the trash :cry: .
Well, short story is, I had this computer, and the mobo (a ASUS M4A88TD-M) died after I installed the video board. Now I feel very unsafe about my computer and really don't want to work on it without a better opinion first, wich is yours. And when the computer went crazy again and after a few days the mobo died.
so I thought you wanted to see if we could jumpstart it. My bad

So you are asking for advice on what to replace just the motherboard with or are you talking about looking for a new build?

DeathScytheBR

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2011
Just replacing the motherboad, but not with an ASUS one :non: there are a lot of people complaining about those and I'm one of them. I wonder why they have been failing at what they do so much lately, ASUS used to be the best.

suteck

Distinguished
How much you looking to spend? THIS ASRock 990FX Extreme3 AM3+/AM3 AMD 990FX SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard with UEFI BIOSis one of the top picks lately and has lots of features and is only $147.55. Otherwise, I would go with something like this GIGABYTE GA-970A-D3 AM3+ AMD 970 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard for only $85 with free shipping if that's closer to what you were looking at spending. Look at those and tell us what you think.

DeathScytheBR

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2011

Jesus, the ASRock is 366 dollars here. o.o About the Gigabyte one, 253 dollars. "Not so bad"...
I guess I'll go with the GIGABYTE, not so bad(Kids, don't come to live in Brazil. Never). I'll try to make my dad go for it, since I wasted all my money on the computer that isn't working right now. Thanks :) .