ket222

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2011
i purchased a comp over a year ago at ibuypower--i have a warranty on labor but not parts. my comp would not start (one beep, pause with three quick beeps), so I did a RMA back to ibuypower. they said it was a faulty graphics card and I purchased a new gtx570 that they installed. they SUPPOSEDLY tested, then sent it back to me, but it was DOA.
When i turned it on, i saw the ASUS motherboard screen, but then the screen went blank (black screen), then the comp just turns off. I pushed DEL and looked at the BIOS - temp at 180 degrees farentheit; also saw an error saying my comp was overheating. I called ibuypower and they said it was bc my V8 cooler was loose (he said they should have put protective foam wrapping inside the comp when they returned it, but there was none). I hired a tech guy who screwed the coolermaste V8 tightly onto the mount. BUt the comp still has the same problem (143 degrees now).
1) what should I demand that ibuypower do at this point? ask for a new computer for free? they will say the parts aren't under warranty and i will probably have to send it back RMA, but the tech guy said that they clearly did NOT test the comp before sending back to me. Also i need a comp soon and don't want to continue waiting for it to be fixed forever.
2) What is the problem with the overheating? Do i need a new CPU? A new cooler? (I have a i7 920. If I buy a new one and have the tech guy install it, does the cooler come with it, or do i have to buy separately). Need a new motherboard? I want to know for SURE so i don't have to buy all these products and test each out separately.
3) I now have a new expensive graphics card. also i want to keep all my files. better to have the tech guy build a new comp for me? what parts can i keep?