PCI-Express x16

Status
Not open for further replies.

HugoStiglitz

Distinguished
Am I going crazy?

Im looking at changing out my Mobo + CPU for an 1155 socketed 2600k / 2700k (but ill prob wait till sandy-E is released to see what it does)

I cant seem to find a board with skt 1155 with Pciexpress x16 that will run at x16 x16 dual. (2 graphics cards both running at x16)

this is fairly common on most of the AMD chipsets for some time now.

is there one out there? am I blind?

Solution
G
If you're going that route, then go with Gen3 mobos. It got much higher bit rate & much higher bandwidth per lane. We don't have the Ivy Bridge CPU as well as the video cards for Gen3 mobos yet but by next year we'll be seeing more of it.

NF200 is not really that important anymore with newer core CPU (ex: Sandy Bridge). It was with P58.

jsanthara

Distinguished
May 17, 2011

HugoStiglitz

Distinguished
weird.

I live in australia and cant find the P8P67 WS Revolution.

on the asus.com.au site its missing from the list
http://www.asus.com.au/Motherboards/Intel_Socket_1155/Intel_P67

but its there on the asus.com site
http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/Intel_Socket_1155/Intel_P67

not making the NF200 for AUS???

i cant find either of the gigabyte boards or the ASRock board either.

www.umart.com.au
www.msy.com.au

i found the ASUS board at pcmarket.com.au but they are about $100 more expensive on the Asus MAXIMUS IV Extreme so i dont trust their pricing on the WS Revolution.

the thing is if im going to change mobo / cpu it will be more designed for ivy bridge and ATI HD 7000 series.

now before you say "just wait" i have the opportunity to sell my current MOBO + CPU for a decent price.

HugoStiglitz

Distinguished
thanks for the link Cheaptrick, its good to know its only a 1% diff for current GPU's

I am sure however it will be a bigger performance diff with later generation GPU's

unfortunatly i think ill have to save my cash and keep an eye out for a P67 / Z68 with NF200 here in Australia over the next month or so

G

If you're going that route, then go with Gen3 mobos. It got much higher bit rate & much higher bandwidth per lane. We don't have the Ivy Bridge CPU as well as the video cards for Gen3 mobos yet but by next year we'll be seeing more of it.

NF200 is not really that important anymore with newer core CPU (ex: Sandy Bridge). It was with P58.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.