I figured I might as here, see if anyone has spotted what I am looking for anywhere.

What I am looking for:
-Mini-ITX motherboard
-AM3/AM2+ socket (ie must be compatible with modern AM3 CPUs)
-single PCI-e 16x slot
-takes 4 slots DDR2 SO-DIMM (notebook memory)

Compromises I am willing to make:
-phenom IIx6 compatibility not necessary
-as low as 8x PCI-e slot
-willing to change ram compatibility to regular DIMMs or DDR3. The notebook is just a preference since I have some on hand. 2 slots acceptable.

So, if anyone sees anything similar, let me know! I know it's a long shot.

Thanks guys, both these fit the bill. Being in Canada, I usually prefer NCIX and NCIX also sells the other one. Pricematch down to ~$130.

I'm actually thinking of something a bit more novel. I saw a forum where some guy built a computer into a metal suitcase with monitor etc. It was a mATX though, I'm thinking of doing a similar project this summer if the funds come to me. I have an old 3870 and Athlon IIx4 lying around. Hopefully some DDR3 notebook memory will come my way by then. It would be great for lan parties.

Tall order and probably a ways off though. Those motherboard prices will hopefully fall by then with the into of AM3+

Metwinge

Distinguished
May 9, 2010
Go for the build mate, saw that build in a CUSTOM PC mag here in the uk, looks cool. Maybe an AMD fusion built into my old NES case if i can find a MB without 20pin power connector.

Gl with the build either way!!