UT2K4 connection settings

Sloper

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2004

I've just upgraded my connection to 3mb cable, from 1.5mb cable and I'm
wondering what the correct setting should be in UT2k4's settings.
Should it be set as 'Cable/ADSL', or perhaps as 'LAN/T1'? Does it really
matter?

I ask because I believe a T1 connection is 1.5mb(?) and my connection is
faster than that. I have dynamic netspeed selected.

a T1 connection is 1mbps up AND 1mbps down. you have cable, typically
Broadband services do not break 512kbps up. so settin it the ADSL/CABLE
would be correct.

On Sun, 13 Mar 2005 03:29:47 +0000, Visceral_Syn wrote:

> a T1 connection is 1mbps up AND 1mbps down. you have cable, typically
> Broadband services do not break 512kbps up. so settin it the ADSL/CABLE
> would be correct.

While you are correct regarding the UT2K4 setting, a T1 line is actually
1.54Mbps.

Linux Registered User #327951

user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003

i ve noticed better ping with adsl/cable and DynNetSpeed UNchecked.