laptop keyboard exactly half dead

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
a b D Laptop
February 2, 2005 12:04:10 AM

The right half of my laptop keyboard doesn't work at all.
Please advise to any troubleshooting.
Thanks
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
February 2, 2005 12:17:44 PM

Check the ribbon cable connecting it to the motherboard is secure. Sounds
like a single "wire" may have come loose.

Paul DS.
"azsunshine" <rseboltaz@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> The right half of my laptop keyboard doesn't work at all.
> Please advise to any troubleshooting.
> Thanks

Anonymous
a b D Laptop
February 2, 2005 4:11:59 PM

azsunshine wrote:
> The right half of my laptop keyboard doesn't work at all.
> Please advise to any troubleshooting.
> Thanks

Open it up and reseat the cable.

--