Regent Square

Distinguished
BANNED
Feb 20, 2011
Hi guys,

Recently i started to look for a new pc. I already chose the cpu, 2600k. Now the problem is that, what cooler is better for it: noctuad14 or coolermasterv6? I have heard that sandy runs quiet and cool, so there is no need for liquid cooling.

What do you think guys,

Thank you for your help.

1965ohio

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2011
If you don't overclock it, then the stock cooler is already cool and quiet. Each new generation of Intel chips is getting cooler and more power efficient. If you want to overclock from 4-4.6 GHz, then I would recommend any name brand cooler with heatpipes and a large fan for better heat dissipation and quieter running.

Both coolers you listed above will serve you well, but still may be overkill considering the new Intel chips are not hot like the old Pentium 4 space heaters. You just need to make sure the cooler is not too big for your mother board, so it leaves clearance for the caps around the CPU and for your RAM.

Regent Square

Distinguished
BANNED
Feb 20, 2011
Thank you guys, for quick responses. Honestly, i am very surprised how fast you answered in 5 min. That is what I call a good forum. I am planning to over clock sandy to 4.5-4.7ghz. I think i will go with noctua d14, many reviews showed that it is better then clv6. So guys what do you think.

By the way, is noctua d14 quiet cooler? Cause i do not want my ears to blow each time i will use my beast pc.

Thank you guys for your help

I really appreciate it.

1965ohio

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2011
I never used the Noctua D14... but I know from all the reviews how cool it is. Better wait for more posters to answer this one... I don't want to tell you about the noise since I don't know from experience.

I have installed a couple Corsair A70's before and find them to be great for Intel, but suck for AMD cause they are pointed int he wrong direction on the AMD socket, LOL :lol: Use line filters and you can get the fan speed to sit at 1600RPM and this beast is virtually silent. But stock can get a little loud.

http://www.legitreviews.com/article/1389/1/

Regent Square

Distinguished
BANNED
Feb 20, 2011
I was spending a lot of time today, researching coolers and how quiet they are. I found out that noctua is one of the quiet and performance coolers. I think i will go with it, cause sandy 2600K do not get as hot as old Pentium4.:) Noctua can handle over clocked cpu up to 4ghz-4.7ghz. My purpose of using new pc is 60% for gaming and 40% of programs. As time will go on, after 2 years or so i will overclock my sandy to the 4. something ghz.

By the way, i have my oldest computer, which has pentium 4 installed. )