Will ram fail not on QVL?

ern88

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2009
The ram I have is G.SKILL RIPJAWS F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL ram kit. I bought the ASUS Maximus IV Gene-Z MB. I see that it isn't on the list for the ram QVL. Will this mean it won't work? :sweat:

Solution
If the DIMMs are not defective there's no reason why they shouldn't work with that motherboard.

Appearing on the QVL is not a guarantee. It just means that ASUS had the listed memory on hand to test with. Memory manufacturers release so many new products to the market that ASUS can't possibly keep up with testing all of it.
If the DIMMs are not defective there's no reason why they shouldn't work with that motherboard.

Appearing on the QVL is not a guarantee. It just means that ASUS had the listed memory on hand to test with. Memory manufacturers release so many new products to the market that ASUS can't possibly keep up with testing all of it.

Solution

Reaikoz

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2011
The "F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL" instead is listed on the list as tested though. I am not sure but I don't think RL or XL will really make a difference.

This is just my humble knowledge though.

anujvir1

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2011

Hey i have the same RAM for the same MoBo.
It works fine untill i game.
While gaming... within 15 - 60 mins the system freezes.
I asked the ASUS technical support about this, but they could not provide a definite answer.
The result being that i am now using ony one of the 4 GB modules.
The ASUS Tech person asked me to tweak the voltage and stuff on the RAM, which i have little or no knowledge about.
If you have done some tweaking yourself and have solved the problem...please do let me know.
I am not sure if the replies here are marked in the email with which we login...so please if you have some vital info, contact me on anujvir@live.in

ern88

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2009
I have no issues with the ram. The only thing I did in the BIOS was increased the MHZ. Since it was only reading 1333 instead of 1600. I haven't touched anything else. You may have a bad stick!!!!