Sign in with
Your question

First Build & need lots of help

Last response: in Systems
November 25, 2010 3:42:31 PM

First timer looking for some help from the Jedi Masters, so thank you in advance for your help. I currently have a custom built rig that a friend built for me 3 years ago, so I am defiantly a custom build believer. My friend is no longer around, so I am going to have to do this one myself.

I have been reading a lot over the last couple of days, probably too much, because I am starting to get confused. When I first started I was sure I wanted an AMD Phenom II X6 1055T system, but after all my reading I am wondering if an Intel system is smarter choice.

I currently run Two 28" monitors at 1920x1200 resolution, so that kind of drives the direction of things for me. My wife is a Photographer who shoots about 1000-18mg photos in any given weekend. So I need to be able to process her photos in Lightroom and put them onto our home server.

I hope I have provided enough information to get some good input.

Approximate Purchase Date: Next couple of days - Black Friday/Cyber Mon
Budget Range: $1200-$1400 if possible?
System Usage from Most to Least Important: Games(SC2, WoW, Civ V), Photoshop & Lightroom, HD Video Editing/Review
Parts Not Required: keyboard, mouse, monitor, speakers
Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Open to any
Country of Origin: USA
Parts Preferences: Antec 900 Case
Overclocking: Maybe?
SLI or Crossfire: Would like to have the option.
Monitor Resolution: 1920x1200
Additional Comments: Need to have 120+/- SSD, 2- 1TB HD's in Raid 1 Config, 8gb Ram, card reader built in on front

More about : build lots

November 25, 2010 8:53:32 PM

I guess I did not put up enough info to get any input, here is what I came up with on my own. I would like to shave about $200 out of this if possible. I am not 100% sure that everything will work together?
m
l
!