Status
Not open for further replies.

rishmetal666

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2010
Hi. my Mother Board is AsRock G41M-VS2. will my MB support Nvidia's Geforce GTS 450? i am crazy about getting this card for my system. and plz let me know,, is this a good choice???
-Steve

rishmetal666

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2010
i need to know about the power connectors. i searched for 6 pin connector,, where in one end, there is 6 pin connector and in the other there are 2 connectors like 4 pin i guess. where do i need to connect them. do i need these connectors for connecting a Geforce GTS 450? plz reply me for this last one Malmental sir.

The GTS 450 uses a 6-pin PCIe connector. I believe you are talking about an adapter that takes 2 4-pin molex connectors and converts them to a 6-pin PCIe for the card. It often comes with video cards and looks like this
adapter-adapter-2x-molex-6pin-713568_1024x768.jpg

If your power supply already has a 6-pin connector you do not need to use the adapter. If it doesn't have one then you need to use it but first make sure your power supply is powerful enough to run the card.

rishmetal666

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2010
the white jack is two(4 pin) and the black is one(6 pin). Now, i know that the black one is connected in graphics card. what i dont know is, abt the two white jack. i guess i have to connect it in the jack coming out from psu...?! Do i need to connect em both to two different jacks coming out from psu or i only have to connect one of them???
...and also ,, what does DDR2, DDR3,DDR4,DDR5 graphics card refer to???

Status
Not open for further replies.