Does a Polaroid monitor have more than one connector

tbcfarm

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2011
Hello,
I've tried upgrading the drivers, reinstalling the drivers and soundblaster cd, tried replacing the sound card. Still no sound. I went to Dell's sight and they had a program to check for problems and they all checked out as working. Any ideas?

Hi and welcome.

What connection are you using HDMI, VGA, or DVI. HDMI is the only connection that might carry sound to your monitor, but that's only if your video card has that feature. Most likely you will have to run another line from your sound card to the aux input on the monitor.

What is the model number of the Polaroid monitor?

What Operating System and version are you using? Windows XP with Service Pack 1, 2 or 3, Windows Vista 32-bit or 64-bit, or Windows 7 32-bit or 64-bit?

Where is the working VGA port located on the back of the computer? Is it the blue 15-pin connector just above the 4 diagnostic LED's or is it in one of the four expansion slots where your Sound Blaster Live 24 bit card is located?

thefivetheory

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2009
In what way does the monitor have anything to do with sound? Did you previously get sound from built-in speakers or something? If so, have you checked if the speakers are connected to your sound card? If it's a VGA connection, that's the only way you'd ever get any sound "from" your monitor.

M_Murray

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2011
When a TV is connected via VGA to be used as a monitor, it then becomes the primary source for sound using its built-in speakers. If there is no sound coming out, you need to purchase a direct line speaker connector (for computer-monitor this is often light green in color). Once the direct line is connected go to your control panel and set speakers as the default sound device. The sound should then be working properly.

tbcfarm

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2011
I hooked the monitor to cable and the built in speakers work great. I hook it up to my computer and I get nothing. I WAS using some speakers I bought at Wal-mart and they worked and I had sound, but when I diconnected the monitor to take it to use on the cable, when I hooked it all back up just as I had it, nothing works again... not even the external speakers. I've changed the setup to 2/2 speakers and it still has no sound. I just can't figure out what goes wrong. I reset to factory default and that didn't work. I installed upgrades and that did nothing. This is so frustrating!!!!

tbcfarm

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2011
got the ext. speakers working, but still can't figure out why the internal monitor speakers won't work on the computer but will on cable. They worked on the computer when I first purchased the monitor. Weird!!! If I was rich I would beat this thing with a hammer and go buy a whole new set-up. LOL