GTX460 issues booting past POST AWD9MAX

Quezed

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2010
OK, after a bit of reserach and being in the same boat as as a few others, I think I know what the problem is. Like others I initially thought this a MOBO compatibility issue. The small print on the box states that you need a 12v rail at 24amps. Thats right 24 AMPS!

Although my PSW is 650 watts and, like many others, meets the watt requirement, the 12v rail is 32 AMPS but split into two rails via a parrallel circuit (most cheaper power supply units do this). This means each rail carries but 16 AMPS. The AMPAGE for your 12v rails will be on the PSU itself.

The chances are others with a similar issue do not have a 12v rail rated at 24 AMPS. Now, apprently it is possible to modify the bios of the mobo to change the post order and ignore the 24 AMP check on the card. Ill report back once I've contacted someone over a modded bios.

If anyone has ahd differnt experiences and differnt solutions please post so I can perhaps save some money!

yakmar

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2010

Hello,

I would suggest trying a spare PSU if you have one laying around. Otherwise please replace your PSU. Clearly the computer or the videocard is not getting enough power.

Regards.