Is cdw.com Computer and Networking Products Distributor? O..

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
a b D Laptop
February 2, 2005 12:49:22 AM

I am shopping for some Home Networking stuff, Is CDW is Distributors?.
How is their on-line store?. Is there any good ones out there?. thanks.
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
February 2, 2005 4:33:21 PM

santa19992000@yahoo.com wrote:
>How is their on-line store?

Not bad, they seem to want to sell to big businesses, but anyone can
order. I've got an account with them, as they've got pretty good
prices on some things and are generally easy to work with, but
newegg.com and zipzoomfly.com frequently have better prices.
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
February 2, 2005 4:49:15 PM

santa19992000@yahoo.com wrote:

> I am shopping for some Home Networking stuff, Is CDW is Distributors?.
> How is their on-line store?. Is there any good ones out there?. thanks.

CDW does have technical staff but they're mostly a pass-through. If you
know what you're about then newegg is a good source, however if you check
CompUSA online right now you'll find that they've got a few items really
heavily discounted.

If you're looking for a real distributer then try Tech Data, but you need to
give them a resale certificate and if you're not doing huge volume the
online stores can get you better pricing, and the stuff the online stores
ship to me usually comes right out of one of Tech Data's warehouses.

What, specifically, are you trying to set up?

--
--John
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)

John,

Who are those on-line stores which ship out from TechData warehouse,
could you please list some?. After purchasing the product from those
on-line stores, if the customer needs any Technical help in installing
the product, who will provide the Tech support?, Is the Tech Data
provides the Tech support or the OEM provides the tech support?. I am
looking for good Distributor who can supply some Computer Products for
my store, I am not clear about the tech support who has to take care?.
if you can provide some additional info, appreciated.

Also besides tech Data, are there any other Distributors outthere who
Distributes Computer Networking stuff. Thanks.
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
February 3, 2005 3:28:44 AM

santa19992000@yahoo.com wrote:

> John,
>
> Who are those on-line stores which ship out from TechData warehouse,
> could you please list some?.

Buy.com, newegg, CDW, just about all of them that I've dealt with have
shipped from the Tech Data warehouse in New Jersey at one time or another.
At other times they ship from Ingram or other sources whose addresses I
don't know.

> After purchasing the product from those
> on-line stores, if the customer needs any Technical help in installing
> the product, who will provide the Tech support?, Is the Tech Data
> provides the Tech support or the OEM provides the tech support?.

Tech Data doesn't talk to end-users for the most part, or didn't when I had
an account with them. The support comes from the store or from the OEM.

> I am
> looking for good Distributor who can supply some Computer Products for
> my store, I am not clear about the tech support who has to take care?.
> if you can provide some additional info, appreciated.

Tech support is mostly by the OEM, not the distributer. Tech Data does have
support staff and also offers training both to the reseller and to the
reseller's customers, or again they used to--don't know if that's still the
case.

> Also besides tech Data, are there any other Distributors outthere who
> Distributes Computer Networking stuff. Thanks.

The Big Three are Tech Data, Ingram Micro, and Merisel.

Note that the distributers do enforce authorizations--if the manufacturer
says that you have to jump through hoops before you can buy product they'll
make you jump through the hoops.

--
!