Sign in with
Your question

Anyone no of a better mother board bundle

Last response: in Motherboards
October 25, 2011 1:47:21 PM

hey there,

i need a bit of help, starting my first pc build, main aim is to build a gaming pc. but dont have to best of budgets. :pt1cable: 

i have found this motherboard for £142 all in. but i dont no if it will be upto great gaming play.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MOTHERBOARD-BUNDLE-8GB-DDR3-R...

the psu will be

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/corsair-gaming-series-gs6...

but if anyone who can tell me the ups and down to this motherboard would be very helpful. or around the same price a better board :D 

many thanks

More about : mother board bundle

a c 121 V Motherboard
October 25, 2011 2:37:19 PM

That is a pretty solid system.

It is definitely getting a little old, and the dual core isn't great for modern games (BF3) but nevertheless it is a solid computer.

Gigabyte is a great manafacturer and the E6600 isn't really anything to shake a stick at.

Also the DDR3 RAM is pretty decent too.

As a pretty basic entry level gaming PC it is a pretty good start, just don't expect to play crysis or BF3 maxed out at high res.
October 25, 2011 2:52:42 PM

itzdanielp said:
That is a pretty solid system.

It is definitely getting a little old, and the dual core isn't great for modern games (BF3) but nevertheless it is a solid computer.

Gigabyte is a great manafacturer and the E6600 isn't really anything to shake a stick at.

Also the DDR3 RAM is pretty decent too.

As a pretty basic entry level gaming PC it is a pretty good start, just don't expect to play crysis or BF3 maxed out at high res.

i did think it was a good board, deffo better than my ddr mother board,

yes getting on a bit read that the socket 775 for cpu are ending this year but can hold quad core so can update that down the line.

dont no what brands are best for motherboards so looks like i have found a desent brand lol.

yes the ram it what court my eye first. my pc has 2gb @ 400 mhz :heink: 

im not a massive gamer but do like the odd games like call of duty/fifa 11 but mainly linking it to my 42" tv for films/bluerays

cheers for your info. did not no if its worth bovering with :hello: 
Related resources
a c 121 V Motherboard
October 25, 2011 3:21:46 PM

The second one is a little cheaper, but also a slower processor, I personally would spend a bit more and go with the faster CPU.

Gigabyte and Asus are the 2 best mainstream boards.

Either of those kits will be a huge upgrade from your current system ;) 
!