Heat makes pc lagg?

when i test having my window in my room open at winter i notice the pc is at a temp of 36C and everything is smooth(but its rather cold in the room.
but when i close my window and its at 50C constantly, and i seem to have some lagg.
am i imagining it or is it true that a cooler pc works smoother than when its a little warmer.
4 answers Last reply
More about heat makes lagg
  1. Each CPU has its own maximum operating specs. I know my AMD Phenom II will shut off at 62C.

Personally, I think 50c is high. Are you running on the stock heatsink/fan ? Maybe you should invest in an after market cooler. You can get pretty good ones for $30-$40.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/cpu-cooler-heatsink-roundup,2788.html
  2. Check also at your bios for settings that lower cpu frequency and voltage when temperature rises. This settings actually underclocks your cpu , so this could be a reason for the lag you notice.
  3. to julioshingon
    i agree with you about that the heatsinks are rather good yes
    just saying i got a...
    CPU: socket 1156 intel i5 quad core 2.8GHz cache 8MB
    CPU-heatsink:Zalman CNPS7000C-AlCu LED CPU cooler
    at this moment its at 40 precicely when in windows and not playing, ut my problem is also that i drive to lans in the county, and what i fear the most is that the motherboard and cpu gets destroyed due to moving my pc
    i just think those heatsinks are a risk when moving my pc, i would change my mind if i heard someones experience about those heatsinks
  4. socratesx said:
    Check also at your bios for settings that lower cpu frequency and voltage when temperature rises. This settings actually underclocks your cpu , so this could be a reason for the lag you notice.

ill look into it
Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt Heat Systems