Palit GeForce GTX 465 Problem

BrotherBloat

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2010
I have encountered a strange problem with my fairly new Palit card. It's been running fine for a month until a few hours ago it started doing really weird things.

I had a similar problem before and the card was RMA-replaced immediately. However, this time it seems like it could perhaps be the PSU (Enermax 625W Modu 82+ @ 50A combined out of three 12V rails - two used for the card). Is there anything I can do to find out what the issue is?

I tested the temps and they are under 70C at full load - I set my fan to 100% to confirm and it was running reasonably well for a few minutes, then the issue started again...
Here is a video of the crash:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIAcNhsFCSc

Any help or advice would be much appreciated. Full specifications in the video description.

all the best,
BB

SupahDonkeh

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2010
I can only imagine it had something to do with moving house as desc'd in the vid, as it happened as soon as you put it back together.

Have you checked the fan is moving okay? Did you put the card back in a dif line which is blocking air? Is anything blocking any holes in the case?

If thats all fine, uninstall all your drivers, use some sort of cleanup software, start in safe mode, and reinstall the latest drivers, dont get beta ones.
and also, check the voltage in the bios, as some cards come with dif voltages.

and btw, its kinda a fact that palit cards cant cool for sh*t... if you have some cash get a vga clooler of some sort. Otherwise I cant suggest anything else but to contact them.

BrotherBloat

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2010

thanks for the reply!

After I wrote this post, I did take apart the case and cleaned its front fan intake - it was clogged to the max with the dust raised during the packing period! It has dropped the temperature significantly, but unfortunately hasn't helped to resolve the problem :(

I am just not sure whether it is truly related to the temperature or to the PSU crapping out (it is about 2 years old and used to run an HD4870 during that time).

I will do a clean driver installation tomorrow, just to be extra sure, but will probably end up having to get a new case, psu or both :(