5850 DRIVER FAILURE

Hey forums,

I recently purchased a EAH5850 (the ASUS DirectCU) and it will not install the latest drivers (10.9) to save my life. I have uninstalled, ran driversweeper, etc. I've tried multiple times, with NO LUCK and it's ticking the hell out of me. Cause the bundled drivers (8.7) suck
9 answers Last reply
More about 5850 driver failure
  1. I just built this rig, and so as such no other video card was installed. I have not yet installed the .net framework (I knew nothing about it :o )
  2. windows 7
  3. When I install the drivers (10.9) at the end it gives me a log, and when I check the log, I find a warning saying that the installation of the drivers was a fail. Then I reboot the system and neither smartdoctor or msi afterburner detect my card, or the drivers. When playing Far Cry 2 on the 8.7 drivers, it crashes/freezes (either one) every minute or so, and then gives an error message about how the drivers have frozen.

Summary: 10.9 won't install, 8.7 sucks
  4. Quote:
    Uninstall the drivers, run driver sweeper (remove all "ATI" ) and try again.

http://www.softpedia.com/progDownl [...] 80429.html

Done it about 5 or 6 times now. NOTHING
  5. So i've had issues like this starting to come up with my 4850's where i would install and then the drivers would fail after installing them.

how i got around this.

1. download the new drivers
    2. extract them to the general folder location
    3. cancel the install of them
    4. in the search bar type in "device manager", should a dialog box open up tell it to continue.
    5. there should be a selection in there called "display adapter" and your video card should be listed there.
    6. double click on the video card
    7. click the driver tab
    8. click the update driver button
    9. Browse my computer
    10. should be your general location for the driver install location
    C:\ATI\Support\10-8_vista64_win7_64_dd_ccc_enu\Packages\Drivers
    If not then browse to the place where you extracted the files and go to the driver folder in there.
    11. click next and it should go through and install your drivers with out any issue.
    12. restart computer and see if it worked.
  6. Thanks so much guys.
  7. Bbpsword said:
    Quote:
    Uninstall the drivers, run driver sweeper (remove all "ATI" ) and try again.

http://www.softpedia.com/progDownl [...] 80429.html

Done it about 5 or 6 times now. NOTHING

did you run it on safe mode? and win7 reisntalls generic display drivers the moment you uninstall one when you reboot. turn that option off.
  8. how do you do that?
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Asus Drivers Driver Failure Graphics