Kingston 1gb usb drive not working...

edgardotcom

Honorable
Mar 10, 2013
Hello, I have a Kingston DataTraveler 1GB that its not working... The problem is Win7 64bit, usb its plugged in on any usb port and green led lights up, it shows "USB Mass Storage Device" Ready to use, "USB DISK 28X USB Device" Ready to use, but it does not show in the computer nor in the Disk Management, if i show hidden files it add a letter and device on my computer but its hidden and does nothing after double clicking. I try to use EASEUS Data Recovery but does not show drive letter from device. I also plugged it in on a mac Lion and its not in Disk Utility.
The data its extremely important, i would like to know a reputable place to send it to get the data recovered. Remember its less than a 1GB of data to be recover. I heard of eProvided.com I dont know how good they are on recover data. Thank you your time in reading my problem.

kingstonhq

Honorable
Mar 11, 2013

Hi, I'm Jewel with Kingston Technical Support. We apologize for the issue you are having with the usb drive and I would like to offer our assistance. Since the drive is not being seen in multiple platforms there may be an issue within the drive that may require hardware based data recovery. We can recommend Drive Savers (www.drivesavers.com) or On Track (www.ontrack.com) for your data recovery needs. Also, if the drive still falls within its warranty period we can replace the drive. Please call us at 1-800-435-0640 (USA and Canada only) M - F 6am - 6pm PT and I or another available Technician will assist you. Please be sure to have the part on hand when you call.

Thank you for selecting Kingston as your upgrade partner.