PROBLEM REGARDING SEGATE BACKUP PLUS

nsjnsj

Honorable
Mar 10, 2013
Hello all
I have an external HDD of SEGATE which is SEGATE BACKUP PLUS 2TB. It was working fine till before 2days but from yesterday it is giving some problem. When I enter in that drive, there is one SHORTCUT named "Seagate Backup Plus Drive (1864GB)" which is targeted to "C:\Windows\system32\rundll32.exe ~$WDMWLD.FAT32" and while trying to open that shortcut, it is giving error regarding that file. But, when I start scanning each and every file it shows while scanning. I wanna retrieve all the data present on it. Please help me out.

Thanks in advance :)

Howardjacky

Honorable
Mar 10, 2013
Is your drive attacked by virus? Not sure? All right! You could firstly run you’re anti-virus scan to ensure whether it is.
As I know, the virus attack often causes the “shortcuts” problems and hides all your files. That’s why you cannot find and access them.
Hence, in order to restore your data, you could run a free hard drive recovery tool that has ever helped many people restore their inaccessible data, including me. You should have full confidence in it since it has retrieved all my urgent work files back at that time. Just give it a shot: http://freeware-fix.blogspot.com/2013/03/external-drive-data-recovery.html
Important note: You should do regular anti-virus scan and copy all your important data on at least two drives.
I hope this works for you.

nsjnsj

Honorable
Mar 10, 2013

Hello sir Thank you very much for your valuable reply
I did it and it checked the complete drive. But still same ERROR I was getting. So I contacted SEAGATE TECHNICAL SUPPORT (000804401392) and customer care executive gave me proper solution which is as follows
Go in TOOLS >> >> FOLDER OPTION >> VIEW >>
Then uncheck the option HIDE PROTECTED OPERATING SYSTEM FILES (RECOMMENDED).
There you will find the drive icon and from that you can recover all the data. Then please get backup of all the data and format the drive as it is a virus attack and then copy it back to your disk.
Thank you.

TRENDING THREADS