Sign in with
Your question

Mobo replacement reccomendation, with ram question

Last response: in Motherboards
October 25, 2011 6:12:58 PM

I currently have a non-working MSI NF 750 G55 mobo, and am looking to replace it.

Current specs are
CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W ATX12V
G.SKILL Trident 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin
AMD Phenom II X4 965
ASUS GTX 560ti
I'm thinking a gigabyte board such as the GIGABYTE GA-970A-UD3

Or perhaps an ASUS such as the
ASUS M4A87TD EVO

but i have heard ASUS can be very ram specific, and i dont want to replace my Gskill.

I dont need anything too impressive, as long as it works with what I currently have.

Thank you for your time,
Brandon Ryan

(Also any other boards I didnt look at that you would reccomend)
a c 435 V Motherboard
a b Ĉ ASUS
October 25, 2011 6:14:15 PM

The gigabyte or asus should work with your ram. If there's no physical damage, I would request an rma for the msi board and sell the replacement.
m
l
October 25, 2011 6:21:05 PM

o1die said:
The gigabyte or asus should work with your ram. If there's no physical damage, I would request an rma for the msi board and sell the replacement.

No physical damage, in fact it still lights up etc, just no post. Going to test the power supply on a friends system tonight to make sure its not that.
Otherwise I bought this board 03/03/2010 i didnt think MSI had longer than a 1 year manuf. warranty. I am incorrect?
m
l
Related resources
October 25, 2011 6:21:11 PM

o1die said:

No physical damage, in fact it still lights up etc, just no post. Going to test the power supply on a friends system tonight to make sure its not that.
Otherwise I bought this board 03/03/2010 i didnt think MSI had longer than a 1 year manuf. warranty. I am incorrect?
m
l
a c 435 V Motherboard
a b Ĉ ASUS
October 25, 2011 11:11:44 PM

I'm not sure. Request the rma anyway. Give them 24 hours to respond.
m
l
!