Critique and Suggestions

reccos

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2010
So I'm very anxious to start my own computer build, I've used Mac's all my life and love Apple's quality, but have always felt that I was paying for the brand so to speak. I'm currently on an early 2006 Macbook (Yeah with the cruddy GMA950 graphics) so I'm positive any build will increase performance tremendously, but I want to make sure I can get the most bang for my buck! Without further adieu here are my expectations and what parts I've rounded up so far;

-Desktop Gaming Build
-Hackintosh is a must
-Future proof as much as possible
-I would like to use a small HDTV as the main monitor, but perhaps that isn't the best idea?
-No plans on overclocking immediately, but I would like to keep my system cool.
-Keyboard and mouse will be Apple manufactured so don't worry about those. (I do want to keep a little of the slim apple look)

Parts:

(Disclaimer for parts: I've been using Amazon to locate what I can, but am very flexible about changing retailers as I noticed most here use Newegg.)

MOBO - Gigabyte LGA1366 SATA3 ATI CrossFireX ATX Motherboard GA-X58A-UD3R
CPU - Intel Core i7 950 3.06GHz 8M L3 Cache LGA1366 Desktop Processor
CPU Cooler - COOLER MASTER Intel Core i7 compatible V8 RR-UV8-XBU1-GP 120mm Rifle CPU Cooler
Case - Antec Nine Hundred Steel ATX Ultimate Gamer PC Case (Black)
RAM - Corsair TR3X6G1600C8D Dominator 6 GB 3 x 2 GB PC3-12800 1600MHz 240-Pin DDR3 Core i7 Memory Kit
PSU - Corsair CMPSU-750TX 750-Watt TX Series 80 Plus Certified Power Supply compatible with Intel Core i7 and Core i5
HD - Western Digital 2 TB Caviar Green SATA Intellipower 64 MB Cache Bulk/OEM Desktop Hard Drive WD20EARS
GPU - Currently undecided (In need of suggestions) Around about $200 preferably, I'm not sure about SLI or Crossfire.

Like I said I'm brand new to this so my apologies if I got any of the 'lingo' wrong. I appreciate all of your assistance and thanks in advanced!

Solution
well every thing looks gud. as for the graphics card, u can go for GeForce GTX 460 which is around 200$. i would suggest to buy an SSD as well for ur operating system and applications drives, it will give ur system a massive boost.

i recently built a new system for my self as well and with almost same specs as urs though i bought 12gb of ram and a 60GB SSD and honestly i wish i had bought another SSD instead of more Ram.

mianmars

Distinguished
May 20, 2010
well every thing looks gud. as for the graphics card, u can go for GeForce GTX 460 which is around 200$. i would suggest to buy an SSD as well for ur operating system and applications drives, it will give ur system a massive boost.

i recently built a new system for my self as well and with almost same specs as urs though i bought 12gb of ram and a 60GB SSD and honestly i wish i had bought another SSD instead of more Ram.

Solution