I think I killed my drive...

G

I recently came into a bunch of SATA hard drives from a friend who works at an accounting firm. he gave them to me on the condition that i wipe them all and then could sell them. having used dban before and with an old desktop laying around i got started. the problem is, in my sleepless stupor at 4 am one morning, i plugged the wrong hdd in (i plugged in the one that i am selling with the old desktop). i ran it to about 3.5% complete before i realized so i quickly turned it off but now, of course, it says no bootable media detected. is there anyway to fix this? it was a 1tb hdd so 3.5% is quite a bit of stuff gone. any advice?

Also please let us know which accounting firm your friend works for so we know to NEVER do business with a company that gives away unwiped drives to random people... Standard.business practice is to wipe and then physically DESTROY drives at end of life. I don't even want to think about the various code of conducts, regulations, contracts, company policies, and laws he's probably breaking. Enjoy being an accomplice

G

He's a close friend and I know his boss, not to mention I agreed to wipe them all before he even considered giving them to me, I had to convince him not to throw them away as they're still valuable. I don't need a lecture from you if you don't know the situation...smartass