Motherboard advice and help

thaox155

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2010
I think my mobo is out. Before my party my computer was working fine, then the next day I try turning it on and there is no POST beep and monitor is blank/black. I have to lay my tower on the side because it crash when I put it upright and been doing this for a while now and haven't got time to fix it yet. I found sticky lemonade on the side and Im pretty sure some spilt on my mobo. Is there any other way to check if it is the mobo that is out?

If it is the mobo then what new mobo should I get? It will be for daily use and gaming (BF3). I will barley OC it if anything. I have an i7-920, 6gb DDR3 Corsair Dominator, and Sapphire 5870. I might crossfire in the near future but not necessary. As of now, Im learning more towards the Asus Sabertooth. Seems to have good reviews and not too expensive.

Rosedalson

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2011
we have an idea of how important the motherboard is. We can go onto how to choose the right one. We are mentioning more a replacement for the Alienware motherboard for two main reasons, cost and time, we touched on fault finding of a motherboard.