Tags:
  • Nvidia
  • Call of Duty
  • Games
  • Graphics Cards
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
October 3, 2010 3:10:35 AM

I have an GeForce 9500 graphics card. After a short time of game play it will freeze on me. Things I have tried to resolve this issue are the following:

1. Adding more fans (i currently have 12)

2. Kicking down my game res to its lowest setting (600 x 800)

3. Adding extra RAM (currently have 3GB)

The games it likes to freeze up on most of all are:

1. Call of Duty MW2
2. Call of Duty MW
3. Mafia II
4. Portal
5. Batman Arkum Asylum
6. The Saboteur

More about : freezing games

a b Î Nvidia
a c 236 U Graphics card
October 3, 2010 3:19:16 AM

12 fans?

download MWmonitor, its free, and see what temps your GPU and CPU hit during gaming
m
l
October 10, 2010 10:55:14 PM

I tried speedfan, and most games let me play for up to 10 minutes, but the go to game to see if my solution worked is Mafia II, it freezes almost as soon as the gameplay starts, i get about 7 seconds in before my whole machine freezes up
m
l
Related resources
October 10, 2010 10:55:53 PM

ct1615 said:
12 fans?

download MWmonitor, its free, and see what temps your GPU and CPU hit during gaming

I tried speedfan, and most games let me play for up to 10 minutes, but the go to game to see if my solution worked is Mafia II, it freezes almost as soon as the gameplay starts, i get about 7 seconds in before my whole machine freezes up
m
l
October 10, 2010 11:21:22 PM

ct1615 said:
12 fans?

Yes, i originally had 8, tried 9, then 10, then said hell with it and threw all my extra fans in, so I'm running 12 right now. And I tried the software you recommended, my CPU got up to 95 degrees Fahrenheit, and my GPU got up to 118 degrees Fahrenheit, the game I was playing was Halo, the very original Halo, I hot about 2 minutes of game-play in before it froze.
m
l
October 19, 2010 12:10:31 PM

12 fans is too much, man. Most of the time, its not all about getting air into the case, its about a steady airflow. I have my cpu fan exactly in line with a blowing out fan, for example. Bear in mind that this sounds like heat problems.

Get realtemp, get it up, play a demanding game for as long as possible, exit, and check what the peak temperature was
m
l
October 19, 2010 11:27:22 PM

I have my computer stream lined right now so the air flows in one direction. I checked it out, at max my gpu got up to 132 Fahrenheit. I actually think my gpu is just going bad, i havent had it for long but iv tried several things to resolve heat issues
m
l
October 19, 2010 11:31:48 PM

SupahDonkeh said:
12 fans is too much, man. Most of the time, its not all about getting air into the case, its about a steady airflow. I have my cpu fan exactly in line with a blowing out fan, for example. Bear in mind that this sounds like heat problems.

Get realtemp, get it up, play a demanding game for as long as possible, exit, and check what the peak temperature was

something else, i almost forgot about this, since its been forever since it happened, i do get an occasional blue screen of death
m
l
!