NeilV

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
Hi all,
I've been given the impression by numerous people that my MOBO is hold back my OC and my performance (PC obviously!)

I currently have a ASROCK 4Core1600Twins-P35

which is not allowing me to OC my Q6600 higher than 2.8Ghz before becoming unstable. So.....

I'm think about a better MOBO which would allow better OC'ing

obviously I need a 775 socket unless I'm going to by a new CPU as well,
I'm running 8Gb of G.Skill 1600 DDR3 RAM so I need that supported,
I only need 1 PCIex16 slot for my HD4890.

Now the hard part; :pt1cable:

If I'm going to spend out some cash, can I get something extra other than stability, i.e. can I find a 775 socket with SATAIII or USB3.0, can I find one with WIFI built in which I dont have a present?
and lastly can I do it for under £60 in the UK (i.e. don't suggest NewEgg cos thay don't ship to UK)

Finally, the major reason for this is to OC the Q6600 to at least 3Ghz stable (which I'm sure can be done) I'm only running an Arctic Cooler 7 but that was sufficient for my P4 650 & my E6550 to OC very nicely :D

Any suggestions anyone?

I would suggest this one...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128496

It looks like it is pretty easy to get your chip up to ~3.2 on it.

Before you flame me about newegg, I am not suggesting you buy it from them. I use it as a tool to easily sort and compare products. You can easily find the same board on your own personal favorite site.

Also, the only boards that Had USB3 were micro-atx. And I have never seen a board with built in WiFi. Most that claim it (OEM PC's) have a USB Wireless card on an internal USB Riser

NeilV

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
Good point well made itzdanielp, i know a lot of you out there will be NewEgg customers as they look REALLY competative, the only reason I mentioned it is the budget which it seems although £60 equates to about $90, it doesn't quite seem to add up like that when buying. :lol:

Another good point about the WiFi although I'm sure I've seen some that actually come with an aerial for this purpose!

I'm not that fussed about USB3.0 although as I said any gain is a bonus, but I was thinking after the new year of getting an SSD so SATAIII would be a good option.

Thanks for your interest! :sol:

NeilV