Resentaly added a new hard drive have a question about it

Culbertson92

Honorable
Mar 10, 2013
Hello i had a crashed laptop and i took the hardrive out and it is now im my desktop computer for extra space. it is working but it shows up i as 4 differnt drives. they show up as followed along with size. SYSTEM (E:) at 198MB Local Disk (F:) 452GB RECOVERY (G:) 13.1GB and HP_TOOLS (H:) 99.0MB. I was wondering if there is a way where i can make it condence into just a single drive rather than four separate drives. this is the first time i have ever attempted to use a laptop harddrive in a desk top so i do not know if it was just desinged that way and there is nothing that can be done. but if there is a way to just make it a single drive that would be great. If i can, is there a specific program that does it or do i need to manualy reconfigure it some how?

ntscot

Honorable
Mar 10, 2013
As Emerald mentioned, just use Disk Manager that comes built-in with Windows. You will have to do it manually.

You can access Disk Manager by Right Clicking on "My Computer/Computer" and selecting Manage. From there, you can find Disk Manager or Disk Management depending on your OS.

At the bottom, you should see your drives Disk0, Disk1, etc...

I am ASSUMING that you don't need any of the data, just delete the SYSTEM E, Local Disk F, Recovery G, etc... Just make sure you delete them on the CORRECT drive!

After it's all deleted, right click and re-create the volume and assign it as one big E drive.